1st Generation
    34.81%
    2nd Generation
    39.78%
    3rd Generation
    21.55%
    4th Generation
    3.87%

I would like to add that this is our 3rd year coming up but we started with first, second and now third generations all within the three years.
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Scott,
      Where's the 5th generation button for Becky?!?!?!
      444-B now 4-F
      Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

My grandfather raced in the late 50's early 60's in BSH/BU but I didn't know that until I started racing myself, so it had no impact in how/why I started. So I said first generation.
        Silas Jordan
        Windham, Maine
        CSR 53A (2B till the boat gets redone)
        Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

I am a third generation racer. My grandfather raced D Utility in Marathons, my dad raced A, C and 25SSR and I raced J Runabout. Just recently I began racing CSR. Our family has been involved in racing since the late 1950s.

Attached are pictures of my grandfather, dad and me when I was younger.
          Attached Files
          PJ
          118-P
          If your not fast, your food
          TEAM TOWER
          RUNABOUT DIVISION
          Suck it up buddy its only three laps (John Runne)

Comment

2nd Generation

Father's Inboard Pro Stock/Can-Am Flatbottom
            My CSH....
            Attached Files
            Last edited by AZ Outlaw; 11-09-2009, 09:54 AM.
            sigpic

http://social.apba.org/

Comment

I am 3rd Gen., my son, Colin Smith, is 4th. My Grandpa, AJ McCourtie started back sometime in the early 40's running stock runabouts. From there, my Dad and all 3 of his brothers raced. Then, my brother started in the 60's and I in the 80's. And, as we all know, Colin started last year. Go fast, turn left!
              Attached Files
              Wendy McCourtie Smith

Comment

3rd

Another shot of Colin's grandpa - 8M
                Attached Files
                Last edited by 42M; 11-08-2009, 02:21 PM.
                Retired racer turned bartender

Comment

out of curiosity who is/was 35 V ?

"The Coffee Guy"
                  TEAM CAFFEINE
                  Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
                  " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

3rd gen

Adam is a 3rd generation. My uncle John started in the 1950's, I raced OPC and know Adam races ASH,ASR and 25ss, C marathon.

Here's a pic of uncle John from a news article.
                    Attached Files
                    Tom L.

Comment

three generations of Runnes.
                      Attached Files
                      The Runne's: Born with plastic sporks in their mouths.

Comment

Split

had to say 3rd for my grandpa Matt Henry, but I am truly second gen to my Pop.
                        Dan Wilde
                        58-C

"Don't let a win go to your head, or a loss to your heart." Chuck D

Comment

2nd Generation

Dad raced DSR & 36 back in the late 50's to early 60's in the 142-M. My Mom would race in the "after the race" stuff. My son Brett has raced JSH, ASR and DSR. I started in 1970; JSR, JSH, ASR, ASH, 15ssr, 15ssh, 25ssr, DSR.

Gootz

Comment

4th Generation

Peter Crowley Jr. (JH & KPRO) is a 4th generation racer:

1.) Marshall Eldredge Sr. -Great Grandfather (started racing in 1926)

2.) Marshall Eldredge Jr. - Grandfather (started racing in 1945)

3.) Bobbie Eldredge Crowley - Mom

4.) Peter Crowley Jr.

Comment

3rd Generation and still going.

1st. Gen. My Grandfather, Louis E. Wagner on occasion was co-pilot of the Belle Isle Bearcat "the Mary Anne". We have a picture (too large to scan at home) of him in a three boat Race at the Cleveland, Ohio Great Lakes Exposition in the 1930's. My Grandmother, Helen (divorced Louie) Wolf raced C utility in Ladies chance races behind the Cleveland break wall on Lake Erie in the mid 1950's.

2nd. Gen. My Dad, Robert L. Wagner raced D utility and D Stock Hydro in the 1950's. My Mom, Sallie also raced D utility in Ladies chance races.

3rd. Gen. I raced C and D stock hydro, Super C Hydro and runabout (One Time), and 500 cc Pro Hydro from 1971-1982.
                              I currently race CSR.

4th. Gen. My son Rick, (Skippy) has raced or races BMH, 20SSH, 25SSR, CSR, CSH. He has raced 25SSH for Jeff Brewster. "He really likes this class"

5th Gen. My grandson Merrick Jacob is only 3 weeks old "today." Should he choose to race boats, the year 2020 will be his first year. It is likely that he will race with the same family names that I or even my dad raced with. A new generation of racers is already in the works.

I should also add that my Dad's first cousin Lamont Munson also raced D Utility and D Stock hydro in the 1950's. He sold his D hydro to the Brewster's in 1957 or 1958.

Rick Sr.

Recently I posted a newborn picture of my Grandson on a family genealogy website. One of my distant cousins commented that with the long fingers on my Grandson, it looks like we might have an artist in the family. My cousin Dave Rish's reply to that was, "Those long fingers are for gripping a steering wheel." I hope I'm around long enough to see that happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X