hot pits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot pits

Should kids that are to young to race and to small to hold a boat without holding the steering bars over their heads. Be holding boats during racing?

"The Coffee Guy"
    TEAM CAFFEINE
    Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
    " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

There are THREE of these "hot pits" posts that are identical...
    ....Kevin, maybe you would delete 2 of them?

Probably made in error, but as you can see, people are still looking at them

Comment

As a race director and pit boss I would not let an "under age" kid be in the water holding the boat. However, with a properly signed waiver by their parents I would let them in the hot pit area, but off to the side where they would not be in direct danger of running motors and props.
      Gardner Miller
      Lone Star Outboard Racing Association

"Water is for racing. Asphalt is for the parking lot."
      Rember....Freedom isn't...."Free".......

Comment

We should rely on common sense and personal responsibility not make more rules. If you are at the races and you see someone unfit to be in the water say something. I have witnessed too many rules create because we want to hide behind the rule book rather than bring a particular occurrence to someone's attention and we were not brave enough to potentially hurt someone's feelings.

Much of the basis for the current alcohol rule, when it was discussed at the time, was centered around one driver that most everyone was aware should not have been competing but no one ever confronted him. We added a rule. Using the propeller magazine to raise awareness and empower some people to do the right thing would have accomplished the same thing and the rule book already gave officials the authority to prevent the man from racing when he was unfit.

Comment

• reed28n
          reed28n commented
          Editing a comment
          My favorite thing to do at the races was to help pit for my dad. He taught me where to be and what to do. I am certain he is not the only dad concerned for is child's safety.

• PittmanRacing
          PittmanRacing commented
          Editing a comment
          Good point Scott. One of my son's favorite things is to help me when I race. I get it, because I now am happiest when I help my kids and others. Also agree on no need for more rules. If you care about your friends, you would take their keys so they don't drink and drive. Same on the race course...because we care about one another.
      Working...
      X