Pictures of dad playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of dad playing

Went up the thunder bay river today for a little fun.
    Attached Files
    Bob

Are you wearing a helmet ?
    Are you testing without a patrol pick up boat ?
    Do you have cell phone on the shore with a responsible adult who can call 911 in the event of an emergency ?
    Are you wearing the 5 point safety harness ?
    Has anyone explain the proper use of trim and how it effects the attitude of the boat ?
    Are you wearing a certified Life Line or SRP capsule jacket ?
    Has anyone explain the effects of running a tunnel boat directly into the wind and over large rollers ?

Sorry to spoil your fun but if you cannot answer yes to all of these you should not be in the boat.

Check out the link below:
    http://www.hydroracer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11301
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Yes to everything.We have been involved in boatracing since the early 70s.I was taking the pics in my 15ft avenger.We are very saftey consious when it comes to boat racing.My dad raced opc for many years in the 70s and i raced stock from 87-94.Thanks for the concern but this isnt our first rodeo.We take saftey very seriously.My dad sold his opc stuff back in 81 to a canadian stock outboard racer and a year later the guy that purchased my dads stuff killed himself in it in a testing accident.My dad was devistated over it and to this day he still has a picture of his old boat hanging on the wall with a flower and a cross above it.Thanks again for the concern but we take extra precations when we are running our stuff.
      Bob

Comment

Sorry Dan i meant we were in full race gear with all precautions taken.
        Bob

Comment

Bob, thanks for posting the pictures. Ya know, the SLT guys have been running that type motor both here and abroad for years. I know I'm real happy with mine! Is he running any kind of nose cone on the lower unit? Did it handle nicely?
          Bob, it was great to meet your Dad at Top O'. Maybe next year you and I will finally meet up.
          Jeff.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff55v View Post
            Bob, thanks for posting the pictures. Ya know, the SLT guys have been running that type motor both here and abroad for years. I know I'm real happy with mine! Is he running any kind of nose cone on the lower unit? Did it handle nicely?
            Bob, it was great to meet your Dad at Top O'. Maybe next year you and I will finally meet up.
            Jeff.
            Hi Jeff,He doesnt have a nose cone on it yet but is planning on getting some work done on the motor this winter.It handles great and loves the chop.I am planning on running top o next year with my KG4 if it ever gets done.I always wanted to run that race with a kg.My kg won the 81 marathon nationals when Dale Vizina owned it.Keep in touch and thanks for the pics you sent me.
            Bob

Comment

Bob...I ran my KG 4 at the Top O in '98. Had a ball. You will love it. Just don't do what I did...i had the fuel system set up for an air pump to pump fuel from the tank in the boat up to the tank on the engine. I was a little over zealous in pumping and almost ran out of gas...seems I was pumping too often and much of what I was pumping went overboard.

Bob

Comment

Working...
              X