Affordable GPS for testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affordable GPS for testing

I have been looking into the Garmin "Edge 205" GPS for testing. This unit has a feature called "Auto Lap" that allows you to track the time on all your laps automatically, just pick the start/finish line and it will time a new lap every time you cross that line. All the laps are stored (up to 1000 laps) and all the info can be down loaded to your computer for future ref. Its small(3.5 x 1.5), self contained, waterproof, has a chart map, alot of recall options and can convert your lap top to a Nav GpS just like the one found in cars today with a moving map and everything, it brings everything you need to do this... Its only $199 at TARGET and even cheaper on EBAY. This GPS was originally designed for cyclist but all the features can be adapted to our testing and racing.

This might be a less expensive option to an AMES system or other GPS type on board computers. It might not be as great as some of the $2000 systems out there because it wont give you RPM or EGT but its more acurate than a stop watch, alot more useful, and it doesnt complain.....

For those of you that might be familair with this product from Garmin, you know that they also make the "Forerunner 101", That unit is only $99 but does not have the same Auto Lap feature!! If any one has tried this GPS for testing already let me know how it works!
    Alex Fernandez
    2007 SST60 National Champion
    "persistance prevails every time"

I have a Garmin Foertrex 101 and while I have not used it in a boat yet, I have used it in some 5K races and I just love it. However I don't approach anywhere near 100 mph when I'm on foot.

Comment

Working...
    X