John Broge Auction a HUGE success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Broge Auction a HUGE success

We sold over 1100 tickets at $30. each , with less than 50 no shows. 120 boat racers were there on a Wed. night By having this not on a weekend we got the place for free with the food at cost. Shaun Torrente paid $1500.00 for $1000.00 worth of Dewald Props, a Jeff Gordon diecast car had 2 boat racers bidding on it, with one of them wanting to buy it so he could smash it with a hammer. The NASCAR passions were running high. The 5 minute video showing Johns life from a small child and ended with a small part of Johns Hall Of Champions speech was great. The whole Toner Tool team including John and his whole family were in thier racing uniforms. The johnbroge.com web site will have the total money raised and where its going plus progress reports on the house remodling. Johns speech that ended with" I am the luckiest man alive" got a standing ovation. Thank all of you for helping make this a success.....a special thanks to HYDRORACER....Don and Laurie Allen

Phenomenal

I was hoping I'd see a post on John's Fund Raiser!

I just wanted to state that this event was INCREDIBLE! Until Wednesday I had NO IDEA what 1000+ people looked like in one room! The event was so well put together, considering this all began with (from what I heard) a 6 person committee - 6 weeks ago! The Event Committee did a fantastic job and should be commended for such a wonderful turn out.

The night was a huge success! I had a great time - and at one point I thought that I had nearly spent Mark's entire "boat account"... fortunately I was out bid on several items which kept me out of some hot water! I did manage to end up with UofM / MSU Hockey tickets (to be shared w/the Ladd's) and a VIP Tent at Bay City (to be shared with the Fox's)...we didn't want to outbid each other so we decided to split it! That's love...

It was awesome to see so many boat racers (some from out of state) attend! The outpouring of love and support was absolutely phenomenal.

I had the chance to talk to both John and Lynn that night and both seemed a bit over-whelmed and awestruck at how BIG the event turned out to be! But extremely grateful!

John and Lynn both have been a huge inspiration through all of this - and quite honestly, in my opinion, wonderful role models for their boys!

Our love, thoughts and prayers are with the family and we are looking forward to the HOUSE WARMING PARTY!

Heather Miskerik

Comment

Totaly Fantastic

What A Wonderful Tribute To John And His Family!!! It Is So Awesome To Be A Part Of Such A Heart Felt Event. The Support Of The Local AND RACING Community Is Just A A Reminder Of What John's Selflessness That He Has Shown Thruout The Years. I Want To Thank The Trenton Rotary- Fred-Terry - Jim - Laurie - Don - Bill Toner - Bob Broge - And All Who Made This Event Such A Success. Everybody Who Donated Items And Those Who Were So Generious With Their Bidding . At The End Of The Evening, A Employee Of The Crystal Gardens Hall Had To Come And Meet John . She Had To Meet Him Because In 20 Years Of Working At These Type Of Events, She Never Had Seen Such Support And John Has To Be Some Heck Of A Guy. She's Right John, Your One Heck Of A Guy, And I'm Honored To Be Your Freind.GODSPEED!! Mike Affholter 51-m
      Last edited by MARATHONMAN; 10-27-2006, 10:00 PM.

Comment

John Broge is one of the good guys

The Trenton Rotery helped to put on this event are our partners in the Trenton Boat Race claim that money will be coming in for months after this event. As people that have not got around to send money send it.

Comment

The Broge family house is entering its 4th month of renovations. We've
          been moving forward at a steady pace, however we are running out of
          money,volunteers and time. We have come so far it would be ashame for it
          to stop now. We have just finished hanging the drywall and are heading
          down the homestretch. For any one not familiar with whats been happing
          they should go to www.johnbroge.com to see all the work that has been done
          by the volunteers. However we need some more help with installing a lot of
          hardwood floors, some carpet, siding,trim and tiling the bathrooms and laundryfloors
          and of course final cleaning before move in. The Broge family has been thru so
          much, it would be ashame to have them move into a house thats not
          finished. I know that a lot of you have done so much already but we need
          some more and I know you all will look into your heart and try to do more.
          Any donations can be sent to The Broge Family at 504 plum st. Wyandotte,
          Mi. 48192.
          For anyone wanting to come and help we have free places to stay and
          donated lunch. You can contact me for arrangements at Kevin54@wyan.org
          Thanks
          Last edited by Kevin54; 03-11-2007, 05:37 AM.

Comment

"bump"bump

Comment

not done yet...

For those of you who do not know, Kevin Duby has been the constant fixture in John Broge's home makeover. He has been there 6 days a week on average for 4 months straight. He is a jack of all trades and has been there more than ANYONE. And he is doing it all for nothing - unless you count lunch as payment. He has been the shining star of the project.
              Jimmy Kerr has also put a lot of time in. Jimmy is an awesome carpenter and very strong. He has managed the project and puts in time that doesn't pay like he can get elsewhere.
              The Howards have been great. Jeff paid his crew out of his own pocket to get the drywall job done quickly.
              Then there are some other local guys (some very old) that come by daily, weekly to do all they can.
              To be running out of money this late in the game is a shame, but typical. But to be running out of help and volunteers from the boatracing community is an outright shame. Where's the rest of TORC, the Toner team, old Team Casual folk? What has John done for you? This is your chance to re-pay him.
              There is simple finish work left - anyone can do it. Just get over there...
              kladd-

Comment

Working...
              X