Whats a used 45 engine going for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats a used 45 engine going for

Just wondering what a sst45 engine is going for and if their is any out there.Thanks
    Bob

that depends on what your looking for or what your selling. The price varies depending on what it is.
    Chris
    8M in BSR or 8 in 45
    "Here’s the thing that makes life so interesting the theory of evolution states that only the strong survives but the theory of competition says just because they are strong doesn’t mean they can’t get their asses kicked don’t surprised if somebody decides to flip the script and take a pass on yelling uncle and then suddenly the old saying goes we’ve got ourselves a game...."

Comment

Hi Chris,I was thinking of using one for formula E.Just trying to see what the cost difference would be between a 44XS and a 45 omc.Thanks and say hi to your dad for me.
      Bob

Comment

Buy a brand new Tohatsu
        HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

I'd also like to know. But one used for SST - 45 class. Are all the models of this engine good? What should I look for (good and bad points)?
          Mark N

Comment

Hi Dan,Ya thats probably what i will do.Thanks
            Bob

Comment

Originally posted by KG4

Hey Bob,

I dont know much about the class since I have never run it but if it were me I would buy the new Tohatsu or a Dave Scott 44XS good luck with it
              HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Originally posted by KG4

You might take a look at this rig also

44 xs rig
                I still have my 44XS for sale....$3700 with electric start, new electonics, etc etc. Also, I have a brand new DSH boat I can throw into the deal..$4900 takes both. Leave me a message here or call my cell at 425-246-4710 Daveracer
                HTML Code:

Comment

45 motors

vary tremendously depending on condition, many of them have been butchered too. As a general rule, somewhere between 2000 and 4000 is the range. There have been many updates as well, big propshaft, webbed mid-section, big tilt pin, gearcase stud kit, timing link upgrade, powerhead studs, etc. that also affect the price.

Comment

$4,500 Is My Guess

This is how I price 45 SS Motors...

$1,500 for a gearcase... Price them out, they are $1,500 less assembly and blue printing...

Mid Section is $1,500....as much as I't like to think I make things CHEAP....to replace a 45 mid section, with tunner, steering bat and all...$1,500 is cheap...

$1,500 for a powerhead...a good 100 block, .030, with legal 45 SS rods ($500 a set, if I'm not mistaken)...

Bottome Line: I have 45 45 SS motors... why would I sell them for less than they'd cost to rplace???

Trim pump, ram and and all, is another $500....at least...

Comment

Working...
                    X