John Broge Fund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Broge Fund

The Trenton Rotary Club has started to raise funds to put an addition on Johns house to make it wheelchair accesible. For the people who have asked how to help. Send a check made out to the Trenton Rotary Club at 3630 West Road Trenton, Mi. 48183 on the memo line write John Broge. Johns house has no bedroons or bathrooms on the first floor that he can use. The Rotary is handling this so that the donations are confidential.
    Last edited by Don11m; 10-24-2006, 10:19 AM. Reason: spelling

Hopefully the racers will find many ways to help John at this time of need.

John has always been one of the first to offer his help in the past when needed. As several racers have mentioned in past post, John was one of the main fund raisers when Scott Meyers had his accident.

Has anyone looked into doing a possible raffle?
    "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

John Broge Raffle

Come to the fall Franklin, PA boat race September 30 & October 1, 2006 where a raffle of some kind willl be put on to benefit boat racer and good friend of TRORA - JOHN BROGE of Michigan. We are all rooting for your John, hang in there - we really do care about you.

Comment

John Broge Fund

The Trenton Rotary Club is planning a fund raising dinner and auction for Oct. 25 in Southgate,Michigan
        , South of Detroit. Anyone with items that we can auction to raise money contact Don or Laurie Allen 734 281 7005. Johns son will race his first Jsr at Grass Lake, Michigan this weekend , John will try to be there. Please help with auction items.
        Last edited by Don11m; 09-18-2006, 11:27 AM. Reason: change

Comment

Dinner and Auction Info

Don,

Please provide info on the fund raising dinner. Is there a date and time scheduled yet? You can count the Miskerik's in!

Is this a silent auction? What type of items are they looking to auction off? Dinner certificates, spa certificates, event tickets, gift baskets?? We will provide a couple of items. I'm also working on getting some event tickets donated from a couple of businesses I have contacts with. How soon will they want them and who do I provide them to?

I'm positive the Rotary Club must be aware of this, but I am told if they (being a non-profit org.) contact our local Professional Sport teams they are generally very willing to provide sports memorabilia, autographed items, etc.

Thanks!
          Heather Miskerik
          Last edited by hmiskerik; 09-07-2006, 06:44 AM.

Comment

John Broge Fund Raiser

we are shooting for Oct. 25 in Southgate,Michigan.The small items will be a silent auction but the big stuff will be live. So we can use any thing that you can get donated. We are working on the sports stuff already, Butch and Steve Ott are getting hockey stuff for us. We will use HydroRacer to keep the boat racing world informed. . Don Allen
            Last edited by Don11m; 09-18-2006, 11:29 AM. Reason: change

Comment

Looking for information

Heys guys Kerry Hamlin here,

Learned of John's accident while home on leave from Kosovo from Don Voisin. could someone please e-mail me and let me know how things stand with John. My personel e-mail is kerry.hamlin@yahoo.com. I am currently away from my home base of Bondsteel so may be delayed in getting e-mails but will be back there Monday. Also is there a way to get in touch personaly with John, would like to let him know how much I hope for his recovery. Thanks guys, nice to see allot of familiar names on the web site.

Kerry
              Blackhawkguy

Comment

Grass Lake

MHRA raised $1400.00 for John Broge with a raffle at Grass Lake. thanks to everyone that gave. Special thanks to Dean Sutherland for a great sales pitch on the PA and to Stacy Runne going through the pits selling the tickets. The first auction items arrived from Region 7. we need all we can get.....

Comment

Someone let me know how he is doing and if I could contact him. He can contact me at hobjogus@quixnet.net or 800-684-3881.

Jeff

Comment

grass lake

John Broge was at the races both days this weekend to watch his son race for the first time . JR did a fine job of driving, grandpa, Bob Broge , has got him off to a good start.....

Comment

John Broge Fund

Just got word that several OPC drivers at the Nationals donated thier prize money to the John Broge Fund. Well done guys.....

Comment

John Broge Fund Marathon Nat'ls

A big thank you to all of the racers that gave their winnings to the John Broge Fund, we raised $2,200. We wish John God's speed in a recovery.

Comment

John Broge.com

All the info about the John Broge Dinner and Auction is on the JohnBroge.com web site. The boat racing world has been generous keep up the good work.
                          Last edited by Don11m; 09-26-2006, 07:49 AM. Reason: changes

Comment

JohnBroge.com
                            Brett L. 156M

Comment

Broge Dinner and Auction

Anyone coming to the Broge Fund Riser from out of town we have cut a deal with the Best Western on West Road in Woodhaven for the event , $50.00 a night per room call 734 676 8000 and tell them you are with the Broge group.

Comment

Working...
                              X