APBA Tunnel Boat Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APBA Tunnel Boat Race

There is a F2 (sst120) APBA sanctioned race this coming weekend in Peoria, Illinois.

APR Superleague is hosting the race in conjunction with Peoria Riverfront Celebration Days on the Riverfront in downtown Peoria.

Testing is Friday June 16 Qualifing, 2- 10 lap heat races and the Finals are all on Sat, June 17.

A large field of hot SST120,s and drivers from all over the nation is expected to turn out for this one....Dont miss it.. admission is free and FREE IS GOOD.

ANY RESULTES FROM THIS RACE????
    Thanks Racen7
    www.roostertails.net
    boat racing info and pictures.

Comment

how Kelly doing

Any progress with Kellys project ?

Comment

Steve, thanks for the invite to crash at your place but this year Brian is flying into Chicago on Fri 28 July and we are going to spectate the Pro Nationals and then head up to Wakefield Sunday night. He will be leaving from Chicago after Wakefield.

Another subject. I looked up in the APBA points status but didn't see Kelly listed in the 120. So don't know how or what he is doing racing wise. I assumed you were wondering about Kelly Kidwell but then you might have been wondering about J. Michael. Oh well.

See you all at Wakefield. Jack
        Last edited by Jack Stotts; 06-18-2006, 02:55 PM.

Comment

The Peoria race got blown out this past weekend. 35-40 mph gusts. APR goes to Pittsburgh on July 1/2 with the SST120's and then to Marietta, OH with the 45's, 60's, and 120's on July 8/9. Check out the website for a current schedule.

www.aprsuperleague.com
          444-B now 4-F
          Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Mr. THE REAL #4,

This is your imposter...

The Fox's said this race site was awesome. But they could only test a little while until someone blew over. Winds never calmed all weekend.
            Wonder why this is only a 120 race? Wonder if someone will re-bid their NAC's?

45's at Marietta... Wonder if anyone has heard they will have enough to run? I haven't heard of any from up here going. Maybe if we knew there would be enough to race against...
            kladd-

Comment

Originally posted by race4kaos
              This is your imposter...

The Fox's said this race site was awesome. But they could only test a little while until someone blew over. Winds never calmed all weekend.
              Wonder why this is only a 120 race? Wonder if someone will re-bid their NAC's?

45's at Marietta... Wonder if anyone has heard they will have enough to run? I haven't heard of any from up here going. Maybe if we knew there would be enough to race against...

Peoria used to have both 120 & 60's but I believe money & space issuses
              now allow only 1 class to run 1 day of racing. If the 45's want a beautifull
              place to race and great fan support then Marietta is the place to race.
              We would love to have you. Pictures below are from Peoria testing, click
              picture for larger full color view.

Matt Barrett
              SST120/F2
              Team Kratochwill Racing
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Grin&Barrett; 06-20-2006, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Johnson
                Any progress with Kellys project ?

"progress"?? How has it run so far. I would like to know how they are doing!!
                www.opc-racing.com

Comment

Mike Tilton also sent a couple of photos to the APBA website for posting.

You can them at http://www.apba-racing.com/apps/news/index.php along with a note from Powerboat Superleague.
                  APBA website news
                  http://www.apba-racing.com

Comment

Steve J...

Steve...Kelly's project was surprisingly good in the limited test time we got at Peoria. Wind was just too much after waiting all day we packed up at 6:45.

Got in our 1 lap qualifier and we were fast qaulifier until the last boat came out. Mr. Personality (Gary Pugh) bested our time by fractions. The APR superleague website has got us with top qualif but I think than is wrong.

Anyway...weve got great top end but doggy out of corners. need to keep working. Will be running in Marietta, Ohio on Jul 8 - 9 and plan on hotting the F2 race in Sault Ste Marie, Mi on July 29 30. Could use another hand on the dock & in pits if ya want to come!!

Pitboss 77 Jim V

Comment

Originally posted by Grin&Barrett
                      Peoria used to have both 120 & 60's but I believe money & space issuses
                      now allow only 1 class to run 1 day of racing. If the 45's want a beautifull
                      place to race and great fan support then Marietta is the place to race.
                      We would love to have you. Pictures below are from Peoria testing, click
                      picture for larger full color view.

Matt Barrett
                      SST120/F2
                      Team Kratochwill Racing
                      How do you guys like your new boat?
                      http://www.spnmotorsports.com

Go Fast - Turn Left!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SPN#43
                        How do you guys like your new boat?
                        Love it. Tyler just needs more seat time we are in Bay City right now
                        ready for some testing tommorrow.

Matt

Comment

Matt,
                          Give me a call on my cell and report in on the weekends events.

Howie

PS - Tyler & Tom have the # if you don't
                          444-B now 4-F
                          Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Pic's & updates here.
                            http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ed=1#post20352

Comment

Added more pictures

Comment

Working...
                              X