45SS cleaned the gum out - now wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45SS cleaned the gum out - now wont start

45 SS was running fine. Started stalling and show loss of power and then wouldn’t start at all.

The carburetors had brown gum around jets etc so we removed the carbs, fuel filter, fuel pump and cleaned them and re-installed with new fuel lines.

Now gas appears to be getting thru (wet plugs and wet exhaust port) but no sign of life. Suspecting a flooded engine we tried to dry out motor by removing plugs and letting it air out overnight. The next day we cranked and cranked, then tried a bit of priming but still no sign of lie. We removed the plugs and found good size blue sparks so we replaced them.

Tried priming continuously while crank and got major back fire. Other than that, there are no sign of the engine even trying to fire.

Any ideas?

check to make sure you didn't sheer the flywheel keyway. You will get spark but not in the proper stroke.
    mike ross

Comment

This sounds like trying to start my snowmobile at the beginning of a season. A quick way to clear out a flooded 2-stroke is to remove the plugs and crank it over 10 times with the ignition off. A cloth and fine sand paper works well to clean up the plugs. I would often use a lighter and heat up the plugs...this also dries them out nicely. I also had to do this once in a while with my Ski-Doo which had no choke and just a primer...it was easy to flood the engine. This was not fun when it was -10 out on the trail.

Good luck.

Comment

Flywheel keyway ok ?
        100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Working...
        X