SST 60 boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SST 60 boat

Finally out the door. Started in October, built half a dozen or so hydros during that time. I dont want to do another wood boat for a while. Thanks to my friend, Bud Clarke for helping out in the early stages of construction.

Very nice work will this boat be raced on the APR 2005 tour or just local Canada races.

Great work ! also good to hear that hydro sales are picking up.
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

I think it will be on the APR tour. The boat will be going to Ohio.

Comment

looks really good.
        Spencer Utman #16CE

Comment

Lets hope the owner doesn't end up in the pages of a magazine flipping through the air like he did in his last boat haha. (wasn't an Arltralite)

Looks nice Matt!
          Fralick Racing
          Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

Nice job Matt. This boat went to Blair Kants and he is planning on running it on the APR tour for 2005.
            444-B now 4-F
            Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Question, Matt?

If this SST design proves to be very competative, are you thinking about doing them in carbon fibre? And is so, what do you guess the wieght difference would be? Don't know the OPC rule, but is there a minimum wieght per class?
              carpetbagger

Comment

The plans were purchased for one boat. I dont have plans to build any tunnel boats in carbon right now. The weight limit is to high to make it worth while. Also I dont think anyone would be interested in paying me what I would want for one in carbon.

Comment

Ah - wieght limit . . .

I guess a limit set at tankiod would negate any advantage of carbon. What a shame. Carbon stock boats are cool `cause they enable many of our *ahem* bulkier drivers to be competative with a light rig. Not a problem for me, I was carrying several pounds of lead to be on wieght in 15ssH (Bsh now).
                  carpetbagger

Comment

White Stuff?

What is that white stuff under the boat???

Comment

That would be good old Canadian snow, eh!

Comment

Just like Stock there is a minimum weight. The SST-60 class is 825 pounds. The motor weighs in at 175# and the average wood boat is probably 500 pounds when rigged. This leaves room for around a 175 pound driver.
                        444-B now 4-F
                        Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Working...
                        X