Sponsorship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsorship

Can anyone email me a sponsorship Proposal that the OPC guys use to obtain sponsorship ? Looking to do some research and see about what is out there, and the web has a ton of stuff on it, but thought I might try something that works from a racer. Might be able to adapt the proposal to other categories to ??? Who knows.

Dave

david.mason@kellogg.com
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

yeah right,

there is hardly a legitimate sponsor in the OPC ranks, every single one is through a connection. That's a little secret no one likes to talk about. Call me if you'd like specifics.

Comment

Really ?

Well what about Bud Light ? I believe you, connections help. I am looking for a format to use to try and obtain funds for something.

Well, okay, I had to ask.
      Dave Mason
      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Gordie is right but...

Dave,

I have one, maybe two, of Chad's Sponsorship proposals we made in 1996.

I might, just post it, but maybe I could send it to you...let me see if I have more than one..

We made the "Pitches" for secondary sponosrs as we felt we had Arcadian Motor Carriers as our prime sponsor.

At the time, Garbrecht had all Formula One races on TV, we lived in Irvine and Taco Bell is Headquarted in Irvine.

Taco Bell told us they were very interested in "LOCAL" Promotions for their stores and that a file would be started and they wanted us to keep them posted....

Well, Jimmy was killed in the first race of 1997...we finished the season, but really only went through the motions...as I and my wife re thought our 19 year racing Formula One....2.5's not lasting as expected.....We never followed up on Taco Bell.

Now, it appears to me, that NASCAR has "SUCKED" all major funding...and local sponosrs don't feel they get much return...

I'd say make friends with people at companies you want sponsorship from....start small... Valvoline gave me oil for years...and all the racers received oil as part of our prizes. Later, they helped Ed Lane and John Castelli with a MOD U....not sure it was cash, but they had Valvoline all over the boat and they won Havasu with it....

When we ran MOD VP, PJ1 gave me oil... PJ had been a sponsor of Broc Glover's...Yamaha gave me motors and parts...not cash..NOT "OFFICIAL" sponsorship....

Sherman-Williams sponsors the Wendt Brothers...but look on their web page to see their business...(They buy like ten Semi trucks a day of paint)....

Budweiser sponsored Bernie...They sold him a Florida distributorship...He spent his own money...not corporate money...

Rich or poor, it is nice to have a lot of money!!

ADD: If nothing else, making a sponosrship proposal causes you to look at what you are doing. Forcing you to say things and ask tuff questions...

Robin Hood stole from the rich casue they had money!

Brad MIller sponsored me, he owned Del Taco, (200 Mexican Restaurants) and a few other things...He chose to call the Team "CRAZYHORSE" because he had a camp ground at Havasu and built a steak house and Country Stage called The Crazy Horse....but it was Brad's money...not corporate money who sponosred me...
        Last edited by Ron Hill; 01-11-2005, 03:02 PM.

Comment

"Uncle Sam" Sponsorship

Usually works like this: Get your buddy with a legitimate business to agree to a sponsorship deal. Provide him/her with a written sponsorship proposal complete with proforma schedule of anticipated expenses (hotels, food, travel, new boat, props) promotional appearances, number of races, company logo on your race boats etc. (these are easy to draft). He writes you a tax deductible "sponsorship" check for say 12K on the last day of his fiscal year. Depending on his tax bracket he tells you how much he needs back from you to cover the difference between the business writeoff for the "sponsorship" and his out of pocket. You keep the difference to use for your racing expenses.

Legal ... well of course not! Is it ever done?
          A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
          --Mark Twain

Comment

Sponsorship

Gordy's right in this sport this is what you need, you either need to know someone who knows someone,know someobody that is someone in the sport, know someone with a lot of $$$ who has there own buisness, or you just have to have a ton of $$$ and you can buy it all. Just an opinion...but money buys you speed, money buys you consistancy, money buys you the best of what nobody else can get there hands on. Or you are one of the lucy ones that knows someone to get around the whole $$$ issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Xtreme22
              Gordy's right in this sport this is what you need, you either need to know someone who knows someone,know someobody that is someone in the sport, know someone with a lot of $$$ who has there own buisness, or you just have to have a ton of $$$ and you can buy it all. Just an opinion...but money buys you speed, money buys you consistancy, money buys you the best of what nobody else can get there hands on. Or you are one of the lucy ones that knows someone to get around the whole $$$ issue.
              That is the best i heard yet.
              RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Working...
              X