Want to get this class going in region 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to get this class going in region 6

http://www.corboatracing.com/?q=cor-100-technical-rules Looking for anyone interested in getting the COR 100 class started in region 6-7.If you have a boat that fits in this class please get a hold of me so we can get this inexpensive entry level class going in our region.It is under the special events catagory with the APBA.I would love to run it with some Stock outboard events.It would be more money for the club hosting the race.Thanks again,I have a boat ready to go.I can be reached at dsr_racer@yahoo.com or 989-340-0490 and ask for Bob.Thanks
    Attached Files
    Bob

Class

I had a 1977 17 foot Fiberform Waikiki with a Mercury Tower of Power 115 Elpt motor...is that what u are thinking of running? Something along those lines?

Comment

Hi Dave,Yes a boat like that would work great.I have a 16 Avenger with 1500 merc.I want to see if anyone else is interested in the class.Boats like your tahiti,glastron,Checkmate Hondo etc would work.Inline merc or v4 johnnyrude are the legal engines.The target speeds for the COR 100 class is 60-70mph.I would really like to see this class take off in our regions.
      Bob

Comment

It cost's the hosting club nothing to add the special event catagory to their race.Come on SO clubs i have a handful of boats and drivers that want to race.Lets get these boats on the water.
        Bob

Comment

Bob, I read the technical rules for this class provided in the link you posted. But it didn't say how these are raced. I want to know how you suggest these boats be raced at a S.O. event. Will they do a drag race? Circle course? marathon? LeMans or clock start?
          I'm just asking to get an idea as to how well these races will coexist with S.O. club races.

Comment

Hi Jeff,How ya been doing? They are raced just like a runabout or hydroplane.3 laps with a clock start.I have been talking with the guys that race them out west.I cant afford to go to Parker Arizona to race and i thought if i could get them added at one race like say Big Rapids that would be great.The class does not have capsules so no need for divers.They run them with S.O. classes in Arizona and California.All we need is a launch ramp to get them in the water.
            Bob

Comment

Here is a clip of the Classic Outboard Runabout 2.0 class.I run the 100 class but it will show you how they are run. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcjKAidkXbM
              Bob

Comment

Anything ever come of this?

Great concept and love what they do in the marathons out west.

Comment

Sounds like the T750 and T850 classes in Ontario. Go over to the TORC site and go to the links and head to the HPBC (high performance boating canada) site. Those guys hang out there and communicate. They use Allisons, Delta’s, Critchfield’s, Voodoo’s etc. They run on the TORC stock/mod schedule. When they first started running they had really good numbers.

Comment

As I recall, the COR boats typically run with the OPC classes.
                    Since they require tow vehicles and trailers to launch, ramps (or cranes) would be needed. Many Region 6 SO/MO courses would not be well suited.
                    This might be something the promoters could address.
                    Obviously, anywhere inflatables run COR boats could run, since they have similar needs.
                    Trenton might be a good bet. Bay City is another. Maybe even Top O.
                    Since they are a "no cost" option for the promoter....inboard events could also be prime candidates for the class. They need entries, they have ramps (and cranes) and typically run on bigger courses, which I think those boats would appreciate.
                    JGS

Comment

Originally posted by KG4 View Post
                      Hi Dave,Yes a boat like that would work great.I have a 16 Avenger with 1500 merc.I want to see if anyone else is interested in the class.Boats like your tahiti,glastron,Checkmate Hondo etc would work.Inline merc or v4 johnnyrude are the legal engines.The target speeds for the COR 100 class is 60-70mph.I would really like to see this class take off in our regions.
                      anyone with a 120 merc or bigger looking for good 3 blade prop left hand rotation 15 spline. email me I will send picture mrhshaw@comcast.net

Comment

Working...
                      X