F1 inboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 inboard?

So what happened to this thread? Is there censorship on this site now?

reasons for no more thread on F1 H20?

There was a post on that thread not too complimentary of Dan's political persuasion.. Perhaps he took offense and removed the thread from HR, assuming he has that capability??

I have been known to not be shy about putting my thoughts on this site for all to see, but even someone as jaded as I thought the comments made were uncalled for, especially taking into consideration the efforts Dan has made in the past, and is still making, to promote the sport of boatracing.

If a thread is obviously political, that is one thing, but I thought the comments were a cheap shot and uncalled for, as this thread was completely unpolitical.

Comment

I must have missed that one...
      Just thought is was odd the thread was missin... Especially with the amount of useless babble on this site... over the same topics year after year... Hope i didn't say something to offend you Dan..

Comment

Bill is correct we were all just having a good time discussing the new F1H2O prototype motor until someone stepped in with a political agenda. So without reservation I pulled the thread.

We have a very diverse global following over at HRTV and we all have one thing in common, we all love boat racing. Sorry guys but I have no interest in political debates. I come here to escape the daily headlines and enjoy the sport with fellow enthusiast’s fans and drivers.

Happy Holidays :-)
        HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

The political post came just after mine, but I had posted that you can put a safe, used F1 rig together in the USA for about $30k. I know this because I just did it. That is just to get it to the water. Competitive is a whole lot more $. And don't mention backup parts and powerheads.

If the cost of the Baba boat is $200k plus, I'd rather stay with outboards and have fun on a much smaller dime.

If anyone wants to join us "poor" folks over here in the USA, Terry Rinker has their white Lee Aeroslot for sale for $18k. Add in an S3000, #IV, props, and driver safety gear, you could be on the water for $30k. We need new drivers and want to rebuild the F1 class anyway stateside. Mike, I hope you are right and they dump their outboard F1 gear in the US. We could use it.
          Last edited by RabidGatorFan; 12-20-2010, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Beegle View Post
            So what happened to this thread? Is there censorship on this site now?
            Anyone that starts a post on this site can remove it at anytime. We had nothing to do with this and dont appreciate where you were trying to head with your comment. We have said from the beginning and will say it again if it is politics and has nothing to do with boat racing it will be removed.

Thank you Dan for removing the post. I missed it
            Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
              Anyone that starts a post on this site can remove it at anytime. We had nothing to do with this and dont appreciate where you were trying to head with your comment. We have said from the beginning and will say it again if it is politices and has nothing to do with boat racing it will be removed.

Thank you Dan for removing the post. I missed it
              Guys I understand your consern--just remember watch your comments as they can be deemed political as I took it in this case.

Pat Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Beegle View Post
                I must have missed that one...
                Just thought is was odd the thread was missin... Especially with the amount of useless babble on this site... over the same topics year after year... Hope i didn't say something to offend you Dan..
                I got some useless babble for ya buddy!!

Comment

Originally posted by mcbain View Post
                  I got some useless babble for ya buddy!!
                  I hear it every time we get to drinkin

Comment

Does anyone know when they will be testing this new I/O in an updated F1? They mention it being ready for the 2011 F2 races. Will it run with the Opti's across the pond?

Comment

opti

gator , my understanding is that the opti xs sst is too run in a new venue called the nations cup @ has nothing too do with F 1 , with the exception that they will own that circuit also . cheers lee .

Comment

Originally posted by RabidGatorFan View Post
                        Does anyone know when they will be testing this new I/O in an updated F1? They mention it being ready for the 2011 F2 races. Will it run with the Opti's across the pond?

The motor is still in the R&D stages and has been tested in the F1H20 two seater with promising results. The boat was driven by many current F1H2O drivers which resulted in positive feedback.

Next stage is to test the motor in a current race ready F1H2O hull which according to Cuadwell Marine is currently under way.

This annoucment and partner between the Cuadwell Marine and the F1H2O will have zero impact on American style OPC racing.

YouTube Video
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4buTnduRJXc

Caudwell Marine High Performance announces its involvement as the official engine partners for the popular UIM F1H20 Grand Prix series.

Working with the organizers, Idea Marketing, the controlling body, the UIM and experts in the Formula one field including current Formula one teams, Caudwell Marines' group of dedicated engineers have pulled out all the stops to bring a world beating four stroke racing drive to the sport.

Mike Beachy Head, CEO of Caudwell Marine explains, "We completed the first test runs in a DAC two-seater designed press boat, which is powered by the patented Caudwell Marine Axis-Drive™ petrol engine. These runs have already matched single-seater performance levels, despite the two-seater being 150kg heavier than the mono-seat equivalents.

"During the test runs held in Cape Town the awe-inspiring roar of the engine launched the boat forward at enormous speed, with the hull reaching an amazing 140mph over a short distance (this is an unofficial SA waterspeed record). Had the body of water been larger this speed could easily have been exceeded!"

The boat was piloted by Brett Stuart, South African F1 powerboat pilot, who claims that the combination of power delivery and handling produced superior results to the lighter single-seat racing designs. Stuart adds, "The unique and genuinely revolutionary trim down geometry shoots the boat around corners better than any boat I have ever driven. The sheer power in the straight is like being propelled by a rocket. I believe this is the dawn of a new era of F1 powerboat racing and will revolutionize it forever!"

The Caudwell Marine engineering group, including partners from X-Trac Gears and Nissan Motorsport, have succeeded in producing the lowest emission, cleanest burning race unit, providing incredible torque from the dry sump, four stroke 400hp engine.

Further info - http://www.caudwellmarine.com/
                        Last edited by HRTV; 12-21-2010, 07:34 AM.
                        HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

steve
                          scott here
                          did you get the boat in the water yet ?
                          that new caudwell green motor will catch on i predict
                          Last edited by sws115; 12-21-2010, 07:00 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey Scott. Yes, we got the F1 wet 2 weeks ago with Jose Jr. For the first time out, I'd say it ran flawlessly. We will be back out testing again shortly. I need a lot more seat time before Lakeland to be ready to run Mod-U. I'll send some pics this time around. We didn't take any last time.

The boat came out phenominal. You did a great job, especially on the topside of the port deck.

As far as that I/O newstyle KT boat is concerned, who knows. I don't like that it is not an outboard, but the one thing that is certain is "change." So, we'll adapt if we have to or keep running our 2-cycles if we don't.

Thanks,

Steve.
                            Last edited by RabidGatorFan; 12-21-2010, 09:14 PM.

Comment

cool thanks steve yea all i need a finsihed photo of it in the water

maybe they will take that power plant and put it in a outboard configuration
                              im sure they have thought about all the manufactures and would have some kinda plan for us
                              who knows //is right,,, its just a wait and see game
                              Last edited by sws115; 12-22-2010, 04:39 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X