Skelton/West accident en-rout to OPC Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skelton/West accident en-rout to OPC Nationals

Seems that someone was watching over our fellow racers.....The Skelton/West SST45 trailer was involved in an accident today while en-rout to the OPC Nationals in Kankakee, IL. Most importantly...Everyone involved was thankfully uninjured. Reports say that Chuck Skelton's enclosed trailer was sideswiped by a big rig and is totaled. Motor rack apparently ended up on roadway. RJ's SST45 boat has repairable minor damage and will hopefully arrive at Kankakee to race.

Chuck and R.J. are some of the greatest people involved in our Sport and certainly they deserve better luck. Just another reminder for all race teams to be safe to and from our events. Good luck to all attending this years Nationals.

Photo of Skelton/West Rig last April at Bakersfield, CA.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AZ Outlaw; 08-31-2010, 09:11 PM.
    sigpic

http://social.apba.org/

Glad to hear everyone is ok. To many accidents this year.... Hope the remainder of the trip is safe and that noone else has any troubles. Let them know I have Adam Allen & Joe Walz phone # if they need anything enroute or will have delays.

Howie
    444-B now 4-F
    Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Oh guess we need to start talking about a more "centrtalized" spot for nationals now

Comment

Drew:

Your comment is really inappropriate for this conversation. Plus, they are headed to Kankakee, which is pretty central.

Joe

Originally posted by drew79c View Post
        Oh guess we need to start talking about a more "centrtalized" spot for nationals now

Comment

Originally posted by Joe J View Post
          Drew:

Your comment is really inappropriate for this conversation. Plus, they are headed to Kankakee, which is pretty central.

Joe
          I agree with you Joe. Just really glad everyone is ok.

Comment

Haha I guess drew is still a little riled up from the winter nationals thread

Comment

Good attitude is still there

Seems everyones attitudes are still good considering the situation.

Per Dean Comer..... A memorial will be held Friday In Kankakee Illinois At approximately drunk thirty in the sst45 pits for Mr. trailer, who held so many race boats over the years and Jason's truck, oh she was a great gal she was ! Will be remembered over some Patron . Everyone welcomed.

Team Skelton Racing
              sigpic

http://social.apba.org/

Comment

Sarcasm

Don't care what you deem is appropriate, My geography is fine: Thanks

Comment

Glad all involved are o.k. and stuff

Comment

How about a bit more compassion for your boat racing family, and a little less attitide?

Originally posted by drew79c View Post
                    Don't care what you deem is appropriate, My geography is fine: Thanks
                    Last edited by Joe J; 09-01-2010, 06:19 PM.

Comment

I agree too many accidents this year. I'm glad everyone is okay.
                      Sattler Racing R-15
                      350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                      TEAM VRP
                      The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Glad Everyone is OK...

Seems with me only traveling about 50,000 miles a year anymore, that the truckers seem to OWN the road...But, I have no knowledge of this accident or the Luce one...

CENTRALIZED NATIONALS are abad. Some people can't travel every year, or ever. Local Natioanls are good for areas. It causes regions to pull together and put on a good race.

The 2011 Winter Nationals will be an Indio, California. Region 12 is quite excited about having a BIG race in their region. We will do our best to make this a great race, as Indio is a great race course second to Bakersfield, which is second to none...FYI: Bakersfield was build by Manuel J. Carnakis, ex mayor of Bakersfield and C Service Runabout racer.

I turned my 35SS Runabout over at Indio and I turned my Bezoat C Hydro ove there also...It is a great race course....Might need a ROLL UP fin to make the cooners!!!!

Comment

Glad to hear everyone is ok. Joe you know them both very well where they able to continue or does anyone else know?

Todd

Comment

Rumor Is...

I heard RJ was heading East with his truck and they were going on to Kankakee.

I assume Ernie Dawe will call me when he gets there, I'll post what I hear!

Comment

Thanks Ron for the update.

Comment

Working...
                              X