Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Letter to All APBA OPC Members:

Tuesday, August 26, 2008
    The APBA OPC National Championships are being held this weekend, August 29 – September 1 in Kankakee, Illinois. This is an open invitation to all OPC classes, including Champ class, scheduled to participate in their National Championships.

Being a National Champion in your class is an accomplishment carrying your name into the history books. By participating, you will be part of a National Championship event bringing all the drivers of OPC racing together to celebrate your category.

APBA encourages all aspects of racing, including participation in local, region, national and series type of events. We need all aspects of racing for boat racing to be a viable sport. We are disappointed that a message is being sent to series drivers indicating they will be penalized for participation at a national championship event.

You, the drivers and race teams, must make the decision. This is your equipment; and discouraging participation at a National Championship event is not supporting the sport of boat racing.

Champ has been an APBA class since the early 1980s and recorded in APBA rule books, which carry a copyright.

Mark J. Weber,

APBA President
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Where Is This From?

"We are disappointed that a message is being sent to series drivers indicating they will be penalized for participation at a national championship event."

Where did this come from?
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Originally posted by DeanFHobart View Post
      "We are disappointed that a message is being sent to series drivers indicating they will be penalized for participation at a national championship event."

Where did this come from?
      From the APBA web site news section it is also posted on BRF.

http://www.apba-racing.com/apps/news/index.php
      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Who?

Dan,

Who sent out this message?
        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Originally posted by DeanFHobart View Post
          Dan,

Who sent out this message?
          Hey Dean,

Not sure sorry I can't be of more help.
          HTML Code:

Comment

message from APBA re OPC Nationals

The message was sent e-mail under Mark Weber's signature. Check your spam blocker, that is were I found it.
            Last edited by bill van steenwyk; 08-27-2008, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Mark Weber signed the letter. It is posted on the APBA web site under news. Looks like the Champ Series notified it members that they would be penalized if they attended the OPC Nationals.
              Last edited by bill boyes; 08-27-2008, 03:38 PM.
              bill b

Comment

Champ Series Letter

Looks like Mark Weber was responding to the Champ. Does anyone have that information?

Comment

I would have to think Mark would not have sent a letter of this magnitude unless he had some solid proof of what was being told to members of that series.
                  "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

You guys realize that Mark is racing a ChampBoat these days.
                    Chris
                    8M in BSR or 8 in 45
                    "Here’s the thing that makes life so interesting the theory of evolution states that only the strong survives but the theory of competition says just because they are strong doesn’t mean they can’t get their asses kicked don’t surprised if somebody decides to flip the script and take a pass on yelling uncle and then suddenly the old saying goes we’ve got ourselves a game...."

Comment

Originally posted by hagerl8m View Post
                      You guys realize that Mark is racing a ChampBoat these days.
                      Not sure where your going with this Chris? Yes, he raced at Algonac, but he has no points and is not listed under Champ drivers. Neither is Fox for Champ2. Do you have to be a Champboat member to receive points? Must be.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                      X