Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45 Gas Leak Problem....Need Help

Hey Guys,

I am posting this here and on BRF in case someone on both boards can help.

My 45 has A LOT of fuel all over the carbs, powerhead splashwell, and front side of the block after running a set. We have rebuilt the carbs completely, checked the reeds, checked and rechecked all bolts and nothing is showing us what the problem is. We are going to replace all hoses on Friday and see if that fixes it (maybe a pinhole in one of them?). The primer seems to be ok too.

Anyone had any problems with their 45 having lots of gas inside the cowling after a run?

Anyone have any ideas of what else to check?

There is a little bit of play in the butterfly rod, but not enough to cause this kind of fluid loss. The engine runs very good.

Thanks,

Steve.

Sent you a PM

Comment

45 Carbs

Steve,

Give me a call 321 223 5442

Brian

Comment

I have a similar condition on my Yamato 102 Mod when I get the float valve set too high.

Comment

That is very normal.

with all the fuel and vibration we put the carb thru you alway get that "mess" after running. It get even worse in very rough races and when it is hot and humid is looks like thick white milk.

Jay

Comment

The float levels could be off, or one or more of the float seats my not be
            sealing. Our 60 motor uses the same carbs and will dump fuel when backing off the throttle if either is a not right. There is a factory tool avaible for setting the float levels.

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys. We put a new fuel pump on for the Chattahoochee race and it is probably just blow back from corner deceleration. But, I wanted to ask some others to see what they experience.

Thanks again for the help.

Steve.

Comment

Gotta love the mess the 45s make.

Comment

Working...
                X