Neal hydro fully restored for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neal hydro fully restored for sale

Fully restored top to bottom vintage hydro. Shovel nose design. Mint condition. Custom trailer available also. Will consider "BO" or a trade for a new Yamato converted under APBA rules. E mail: cwbartley@metrocast.net

Neal

Some photos and prices might help this sale along.
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

NEAL Hydro Fully restored

Can you send me an e mail? I don't know how to "attach" pic's to the thread.
      Sorry to ask for the e mail. My mail address is cwbartley@metrocast.net

Comment

pics

Posting pics
        Attached Files
        Sean Byrne

Comment

Neal

That is a really nice restore. Interesting how the outside fairing of the dash was done. Wonder why there was such a wind in your face cowling back then and no desire to deflect wind?
          No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Neal hydro restoration

Thanks for the comments. Restoration was done last fall. Approx 200+ hours on restore. I raced boats like the NEAL in the 50's. Wind was never a problem.

Comment

Neal

I can appreciate the effort. I recently restored the hydro I raced in the 70's in 25ssh and 20ssh. I was in ann accident on a course in Lake Worth Fl and took some bad damage. The boat followed me around for years and finally I decided to restore it. Took a bit to get all the parts needed like Okume ply,, SS anchor nails, etc. I believe I put more time into the restore than it took me to build it in the first place. Restore is harder because you can't easily get into places that need fixen so inventive means emerge.

What classes did you race with the Neal and what kind of speeds were reached?
              Last edited by ZUL8TR; 03-22-2010, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Restored NEAL HYDRO

I have never raced this hydro. I restored it for boat show appearances. However, once the ice goes out I am going to run it with a Merc KG7H and then an extremely fast Merc 20H. I would expect to test run it within the next 15-20 days. I am scheduled to race it in Mid may here in New England. I race "picklefork" here in the East every other weekend in "C stock. Chuck

Comment

Neal

Well tell us the results of the testing and ride with each engine.

Comment

Come to Standish May 22

Originally posted by lakewinona View Post
                    I have never raced this hydro. I restored it for boat show appearances. However, once the ice goes out I am going to run it with a Merc KG7H and then an extremely fast Merc 20H. I would expect to test run it within the next 15-20 days. I am scheduled to race it in Mid may here in New England. I race "picklefork" here in the East every other weekend in "C stock. Chuck
                    Are you planning on bringing the boat up to Standish (Watchic Pond) 22-23 May ?? Hope so - it really looks good.

Comment

Very nice. I just started my Neal 3point
                      Where did you get the "Neal" logos??
                      They appear to be decals...or as they
                      Painted?

Comment

Hey I do not have time to screw around here so what do you want for the hydro??
                        I am interested as long as it is reasonable.

Dave Nichols
                        76-T

Comment

Neal hydro response

Too late. CWB

Comment

Working...
                          X