WANTED > 45sst carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED > 45sst carbs

Looking for a set of 45sst carbs in "good" condition with the idle slot in the throttle plates. Please, no junk. I already have a junk set now . Mod guys, if there are carbs of a different brand which will work good (fit) on the OMC intake, I will consider them as well to purchase. The reason I would buy illegal carbs is I will be running a asphalt sprint car full time this season but I'm also putting together a 45 as cheaply as possible to help out with boat count here on the west coast. I will not be runninig for points but just for fun. Thanks, Thomas

Originally posted by Sprintracer93 View Post
    Looking for a set of 45sst carbs in "good" condition with the idle slot in the throttle plates. Please, no junk. I already have a junk set now . Mod guys, if there are carbs of a different brand which will work good (fit) on the OMC intake, I will consider them as well to purchase. The reason I would buy illegal carbs is I will be running a asphalt sprint car full time this season but I'm also putting together a 45 as cheaply as possible to help out with boat count here on the west coast. I will not be runninig for points but just for fun. Thanks, Thomas
    We inspect the 45's out west per the APBA OPC and Stock rule books...just ask Roger Carr or any R12 competitor in the class....I'd make sure your legal!
    sigpic

http://social.apba.org/

Comment

AZ Outlaw

I appreciate your response and concern but as I stated, I will not be going for any points/awards. I will only be racing in Region 11. I will not accept any scored finishes and/or places in the region club races. I will only be running with the other guys for fun! Now, if either EBBC or NCOA do not want to accept my entry fees because my engine might be a tad illegal knowing I will not be racing for points or finishing places, then I have wasted my time on this boat and they inturn have lost a little revenue.

I bought and ran Jeff Schmidt's yellow and black boat (all legal) last season here in Region 11 and one WFLS at Long Beach. I sold that boat to a couple in East Texas to help buy my NCMA Sprint car for this season. I had a blast running what few races the 45's did show in Region 11, but solely it wasn't enough to satisfy my racing needs. I came across a 93 Hoffman (RJ's old boat) this past November at a extremely reasonable price. So I bought it to play with the guys here in Region 11. I only have about $1400.00 into it now and all I need is a good set of carburetors and it will be ready for testing. I've already told RJ West of my intentions and he said he had no objections and welcomes another boat to race with at the club events.

The reason I became lengthy in my reply is because I don't want anybody else to misunderstand my intentions. And yes, I know this particular forum is for seliing & buying so please except my apologies for taking this space to explain myself.

Sincerely, Thomas Leiby

Comment

no need to appologize, I never thought your intentions weren't good. Have fun (which is what it's all about) running your 45 as you explained.
        Hope you find some cheap carbs.
        sigpic

http://social.apba.org/

Comment

Az

Thanks AZ! Have a great and safe year racing!! Thomas

Comment

Sst 45 ss

Hello Thomas aka Sprintracer93,

In your other post where you were asking for info about carburators for a 45 motor and I suggested Mikunis.... I had no idea you were going to run OPC or Stock 45. I figured you were going to run the motor in a Mod class.

My suggestion now is to find a good set of the correct carburators.

Call RJ or Ron Hill or Bill Curtis and they will help you find the correct carburators.

Good Luck,
            sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Hello Thomas;

I've got huge supply of Mikuni Carburetors, new and a few used.

Jim McKean
              E-Mail: captainjimmckean@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by DeanFHobart View Post
                I figured you were going to run the motor in a Mod class.
                Even Mod requires OMC brand carbs, there are no alternate brands allowed on the OMC twin in Mod

Comment

Thomas give me a call at the shop your dad has the number i can help you out
                  Lonnie Morris

Comment

Working...
                  X