SST 45 for Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SST 45 for Sale

2005 Pugh (one race in 05, full PTT/champ schedule in 06-08) Custom bottom, rip roaring and ready to go. Boat will be sold only two ways (trailer included) Available after Orange, TX Sept 20-21

Minus motor and lower unit $5500
    With Motor and lower unit $7000.
    45 motor $1750
    45 motor $1200
    45 motor $1200
    45 motor $1200
    Gear case $1200
    Gear case $1200
    many props, call for details. 313 622 3185
    Ruben (Dallas, TX)

Anyone thinking of going 45 racing should not pass this deal up... this is some top notch equipment
    "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

so we will see you in this boat next year then........

Comment

Ruben must be going 120 eh?

Comment

Jay,
          Thanks for missing the race last weekend. It helped

Comment

Ruben, meet Jay... good story.

Most of you know my story. I bought K Ladd's hoffman which was Jays 45 prior to that. (with a big push from Don Allen, who apparently gets a kick out of talking people into spending money they don't have to go boat racing!) Kevin, bringing me in under his wing to the family of boat racing, thought it would be a good idea to meet the guys and invited me to the boat racers kart race that he put together. I came from karting so I was his secret "ringer" for the race. (we all know that losing was something he would rather avoid ) Well, I started from 3rd back, lead the first few laps until this Jay Fox guy comes flyng around me. Kevin had the second part of the race. So as we switch seats, Kevin has this big smile on his face. I am thinking "what's so funny jack o?" He looks at me and says "you just got your first lesson in boat racing, now you know what its like to chase Fox around. Get used to it!" ( it was a bit more colorful than that, but this is a family site..) Well Jay jumped to 120 and I never got the chance to cut him off, get in his way, you know... make his life miserable as he laps me.
            So I figure, time to start chassing Fox around. So we are going 120 and Jay, you need to wait at least 1 year before you go F1. I can't afford to chase you up there

This rig is a steal. I spoke to a few folks who are thinking about going brand new. Some great boat builders out there but if your new, save some serious cash... get a top notch rig and learn to drive her hard. Boat is very predictable and the one time I did get it an inch from blowing her over... she was telling me for 1/2 a straight to bump her down. I just didn't listen.

I will be at Kankakee for the opc nationals and Orange TX for the last series race of the year. Available immiediatly after.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
              so we will see you in this boat next year then........
              While it did come up in conversation with the young Don Allen...we both decided that with him just starting his career...it might be a little to soon
              "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

This is the best 45 currently for sale!!
                "Get Hit Once, Hit back Twice".
                "Fall Seven times, Stand up Eight"

Comment

Ruben,

You might want to post a couple of pics to entice a buyer. Your rig is very nice and should sell fast at that price.

Comment

Rob's Win

Rob,

You deserve it. Great win! Enjoy.

See you at the nationals?

sounds like 22 120's signed up at counting.

Half Fast can just hit a few races the first couple years!!!

if not Chris Hagerl needs a boat. either way that rig needs a stocker home to show the opc guys how to drive!!

Jay

Comment

SST45 has been the best racing I've experienced, the people are great, your not setting up 1,2,3 or more boat/motor combos, you don't have to lug boats onto the top bunk, and you get lots of seat time, we're talking 80 laps at Trenton, plus two test sessions. The people are spectacular too, its just like stock outboard, everyone wants to get everyone else out on the water.
                      That being said, the is a great outfit, I've seen it up close too, walking right by me, down the back-stretch.

Comment

picture...

http://www.screaminweasel.com/Images...c-sun-s016.htm

Comment

Good times.. good times...

http://www.screaminweasel.com/Images...c-sun-s030.htm

Comment

whats left..

boat, turn key.. motor/gearcase/prop... gas and go...$7k
                            Motor, complete $1750
                            lower unit $1250
                            Complete rig must go next before i can sell anything else. Can't be left with a motor, GC and no rig in 09

Comment

Working...
                            X