Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to get started

Hi Guys-
    I've been watching for years, time to get involved. My dad and I are looking for an easy project (easy due to lack of experience) to work on this winter so we can race with you guys this coming season.
    We are starting from square one and don't have anything so any help anyone can throw us to get our feet off the ground and running would be very much appreciated.
    Any good hulls out there? Where is a good place to go get gear like race suits & helmets? Where can I get official copies of the '12 rules for the different Nosty classes?
    Thank you all, hope to get some good responses here.
    My name is Shawn and I live in Silverdale, WA.

contact Jerkizoid for most of the info you need..His wife sells the safety equipment for the driver and he knows what in the way of used equipment is out there,,

Just send him a private message and he will hook you up.
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Good to hear from you

Shawn, I remember you. Sonny still has the #1 Wickens that was Freds own boat. I PMed you and can answer your questions, most of them here or by phone. Mike is right, there is lots of stuff around right now for sale or I will loan you whatever to get running next year. My Eliminator:
      http://www.hydroracer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22680

Would make a safe learner boat or Drag-Ski hull but I dont know how it would perform in SE. It is 18'3" long and may not stay with the leaders in their 16' ers. It should be a good stable boat and you could take 4 riders if you discovered racing wasnt for you. That cynario has become reality for dozens of former Nosties.

I've spent 12 years buying boats that were cheap and near by but they didnt always run up front where you would probably like to be. That's what keeps some folks buying different boats in an attempt to better their equipment and finish positions. Boy, has that cost me!

SE class may actually be competitive Nationwide in 2012 and you would be very welcome to join up and get lots of advise and help from the Webers or myself. The Burley Flat Nationals will definitely have an SE count there, so I hear. Also Moses Lake in April.

Right now, the best boat I know of is the replicated 'Watachee' E24. You could not paint the boat for what he is asking and in my opinion, its a light layup boat so you would not need much power to be running in the 80s. It is basically the same as our E25 and a stock Blazer 350 pushed me to 75 mph! Oh, you have some very educated Javelin-Jones guys near you that can help also!

Welcome to the boards, and some of us are talking attending one or two races near you, that is, if we get to work!

Comment

E24

Not sure you noticed:

This is a rare one with movable cav plates similar to E25, our Charlie. It would be very easy to replicate the 4 piece style we have on this one. I think those experts at the last race thought it was built for ski or drags with this style plate as most all Javelins were of fixed plate design. Add a little bling chrome and this boat could be very nice and fun to drive. Did I mention the Webers also have the red 'Ruby' Javelin for sale complete? The other boat I would recommend is a Lavey Craft race model 'C'. There is one in Ontario Calif for $3000!!!
        Or we could talk to the wife about selling Charlie?

Comment

Watachee looks great

Yeah pops and I went out and looked at the E-24(?) Watachee replica. It was a REALLY nice boat but I want to find a hull that can move along up the ranks with us, and we would just change powerplants as we trangressed into the more competitive classes over the years. Last thing I want to do is change hulls every year. I would MUCH rather find the right hull that needs some cosmetic work but has already had the water time and investment made to get it set up correctly. That's something I don't think we can do without a lot of coachin'.
          What are the opinions out there on finding a B-Boat (and spending a little more money I know) and running it in a small block class to get our "feet wet" so to speak? There is what looks like a REALLY nice Beis in Cd'A, ID and there's the Maiden America boat that I have been recently interested in getting a little more serious about.
          You guys think I am on the right track here or what????? Need some different points of view on this. We are doing something this winter so we can get after it this spring/summer '12. I want to make sure we do the right thing though and not dump a bunch of money every year to try and find the right hull.
          -Shawn in Silverdale

Comment

10-4

That bezer in Idaho is a nice one for SE, it comes with a SS motor, choice of trailers, road open or enclosed-dolly style. Jimmy lurks here under Former Farmer. Have you seen his ad? I would be happy to take you to his place sometime...

Comment

Different, that would probably define me and my opinion. I bought my boat a year ago and had I known now what I do probably wouldn't have bought this hull. It would not likely be competitive over a 100 mph because of size, design and weight. When they say "its hard to make a boat go 90+"....well I should have listened a little better. I only wish I could have bought a revenge or beiser hull. I'm really impressed with a local revenge, SS-33. Anyway, if you are planning on moving up, I'd say your on the right track. Mel

Comment

I'd like to add, buy something that is complete as possible. Building from scratch like I did is not recommended for your sanity or pocketbook.

Comment

Alittle bit of Gold bullion is involved.

I dont want to discourage a fellow racer but please let me tell you of the potential costs involved to run Super Stock. We start with a used hull out of California and the cost to go down and retrieve it $6000, complete but apart. Have the bottom looked at and the boat painted 4500. Rebuilt V-drive with whilaway and different gears 1500. Engine plates and Hardware-steering cables, anodizing or powdercoating 1000. Air assist av control so you can give your left leg a break and finish a race without your leg cramping up $2800.SS engine with right manifold, carb, machine work , Special pistons, Alluminum Dart heads, Flow work and dyno time 15,000 Fresh. Must have a cam update of 2000 to ;be competitive. Then if you want a enclosed trailer to protect your new paint 4000 used and of course must modify your road trailer to go inside 1500. Running around and gathering stuff including all stainless hoses with aluminum ends--any one knows $$$$ Up over 35,000 and havent bought fuel yet. This is all done to try and stay in the same lap as the winner of heats, boat. A person can only dream about winning a heat of Super Stock if Dave Villwolk or Dave Rankin shows up to race.. Now let us down size and build a small block for the se class and let the SS engine sit in the corner of your shop. Just one mans findings. Jimmy D.

Comment

Notice

all of my boats are for sale including the shark the b-boats were copied from. Its heavy so it rides nice and handles very well in the rough! Unforseen finacial difficultys make everything I have VERY reasonable, even below that!
                    Props RH and LH, gears, Casale 12 degree with garantee, and motors.

Comment

lets get real

Originally posted by Altered Thoughts View Post
                      I dont want to discourage a fellow racer but please let me tell you of the potential costs involved to run Super Stock. We start with a used hull out of California and the cost to go down and retrieve it $6000, complete but apart. Have the bottom looked at and the boat painted 4500. Rebuilt V-drive with whilaway and different gears 1500. Engine plates and Hardware-steering cables, anodizing or powdercoating 1000. Air assist av control so you can give your left leg a break and finish a race without your leg cramping up $2800.SS engine with right manifold, carb, machine work , Special pistons, Alluminum Dart heads, Flow work and dyno time 15,000 Fresh. Must have a cam update of 2000 to ;be competitive. Then if you want a enclosed trailer to protect your new paint 4000 used and of course must modify your road trailer to go inside 1500. Running around and gathering stuff including all stainless hoses with aluminum ends--any one knows $$$$ Up over 35,000 and havent bought fuel yet. This is all done to try and stay in the same lap as the winner of heats, boat. A person can only dream about winning a heat of Super Stock if Dave Villwolk or Dave Rankin shows up to race.. Now let us down size and build a small block for the se class and let the SS engine sit in the corner of your shop. Just one mans findings. Jimmy D.
                      Jimmy-
                      I love your posts...seriously. Anyway I know you have some Biesemeyers, I have PM'd you but no response until this! You need to get in touch with me as pops and I have found a potential boat in AZ and we're getting close to pulling the trigger! Where are you at the end of the day on the red white and black boat, really??? The engine is putting it out of our range but it's too much for us to start with anyway. PM me the number in your head and let's talk. -Shawn

Comment

I have a Lifeline Jacket (large size) that is in mint condition. I live in Auburn Wa
                        I do not know what class you are interested in! If interested give me a call
                        253 351-5003 Jim

Comment

Picking up the new boat this Friday!!

Gonna be picking up a Biesemeyer we found in AZ this Friday!!!!!
                          Sounds like pops and I are joining Seattle Drag & Ski as well as APBA and officially running in the new SE Class. Thanks to everyone that responded.
                          Dad and I are looking forward to meeting all of you and finally getting to do some racing!!!!!!
                          See you all this summer!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our new boat is the Silver, Blue & Red hull in the attached on the top.

Click image for larger version

Name:	se2011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	346340

Comment

I think this is going to be a great year for SE.

Comment

Working...
                            X