Missed the Banquet and good food...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed the Banquet and good food...

Well for the first time in 12 years I missed the Awards Banquet. Very sorry to those who actually enjoyed my stupid smile and my record setting food consuming antics. Both myself and the speedy wife have volunteered performing for Retirement Homes and a singing practice interfered with that Nov 12th date.
    We Missed seeing some of you for the last time until warm weather is once more upon us....sorry.
    I hear, what we missed was inaccurate flat bottom award presentations. I hear racers only had to run a couple heats to win their class overall! Seems SLORA-AOF dropped the ball in the points tabulation department....
    Oh boy, I can hear it now; you FLAT guys usually do your own thing and continually complain!
    You know, that I know what a huge job a Banquet can be for a very few volunteers doing all the hard work, not to mention score keeping race after race. Why?
    Cause both Robin and myself did all those things and boy does it take dedication and WORK! Then add the poor communication from being in different States and work schedules and errors occur!
    With all this blabbing aside, I hear Robin got third for 3 heats of racing (in the back while learning new boat quirks). Opps, what about the hard charging, dedicated other girl racer who didnt miss one second of multiple event racing and always managed 3rd....error!
    Sounds to me, like one or more race totals did not make it into those figuring awards.
    If we had been there, the obvious would have been righted and we would have passed the award.
    Not griping, just explaining since in another post here Doc mentioned awards that we did not earn.
    Maybe, someone in the know will chine in and list those who placed in all the classes>?>?????
    Please, no Flat hate posts, nobody deserves that especially when running all of the AOF events! We pay the same entry fees as every other racer!

I'm sure trophy corrections are already being made. Also is there a 468 class error?
    Enough said.

Good Food?

Are we talking about the same Banquet? That food has never been "good" and I heard this year was no exception.

Don't feel alone on the flat bottom mis-calculations. I've also heard of some wrong totals in the outboards

Now do you see why I don't go to the banquet anymore, and stay away in general?

Maybe Slora is playing the H1 game and is going to change the results after the awards ceremony like they did in Qatar this last weekend. Not only once, but twice!

Keep your chin up and stay warm!
    Last edited by pro350hydro; 11-21-2011, 04:31 PM.
    Sattler Racing R-15
    350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
    TEAM VRP
    The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

boyd...

i think i would get ahold of kim case. she is the acting secretary, however she took over late in the season as the acting secretary stepped down , so perhaps some errors occured in this transition. im sure you also know how to get ahold of "your" commodore, to bring it up with him as well. these are places i would start, if i were in your position. kevin

Comment

Kevin

Did I confuse someone? I didnt and still dont care who won, just that we know we did not deserve a 3rd! That award should be Marisas'. I knew there were personel changes and you could be right. As my post stated: No complaints or gripes from me

It would be nice if someone would post the correct results........just sayin!

Comment

and that's why...

i gave you that info, get ahold of them , find out the correct info, and post it!!! why wait for someone else to do, what you can do yourself.. something my father taught me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerkizoid View Post
            Did I confuse someone? I didnt and still dont care who won, just that we know we did not deserve a 3rd! That award should be Marisas'. I knew there were personel changes and you could be right. As my post stated: No complaints or gripes from me

It would be nice if someone would post the correct results........just sayin!

The outboard points which were posted months ago before the banquet had obvious errors, it doesn't surprise me there are errors in the flat's as well. Apparently, none of them got fixed and some people got the shaft, while some came out with trophies they didn't deserve (not talking about you Boyd).
            Sattler Racing R-15
            350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
            TEAM VRP
            The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Ya and what I 'deserve' and what I've 'gotten' around my house lately is way more confusing............and I kept score!
              might
              have
              missed
              a
              few....
              spousal
              abuse

Comment

Working...
              X