APBA SE class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APBA SE class

May have just hit it out of the park. (baseball lingo) I hear another famous E boat has been purchased from a non racing guy to a famous family of boat racers!!!! So what's the boat count? 10 or 12 small blocks preparing for this new spec motor class. Rumor has it that more than just my wife are returning so they can settle down the speed and return the Good Times.

Huh?

Why do you even post this. ?? Other than to say One more boat. Jim

Comment

Look who the cat drug in! Are you throwing in the towel or throwing a Challenge our direction? HUH

Comment

Under APBA Rules..

Can this class run capsuled and non-capsuled boats in the same heat?

Comment

SE capsule?

That's a very interesting question & I will find out the answer & post it here. The basic idea of the SE class is maintain an open cockpit boat by having a speed limit of 85 mph, governed by specific engine rules, and to be affordable. I suppose if one would like to put an SE motor in a capsule boat, I wouldn't have a problem racing next to it. This class is a lot of fun, show us your SE boat

Comment

SE Capsules?

Why in heavens name would anyone want to?? Are you saying that our slower Nostalgia classes would be safer with capsuled boats? Boy that opens a can of worms, doesnt it?

Lets' see, we just spent 15Gs on a capsule Flat to run a class with speed limits and maybe not even get on plane or through the 'WILD TIME' transition?.....Why would anyone even entertain this idea? When class boat count drops under 2?????
            For safety, or.......?
            I for one dont think this will ever happen, but boat count is diminishing I hear. Are you selling less props to Flat racers? Is it a dying class? Spill you guts Ron, you have my attention.
            As for running beside a capsule on the race course, I would never do it, can you guess why? Anyone?? I'm patiently awaiting your answer.............

Comment

Actually...

I had a chance to buy an old MOD VP boat with a capsule. I had just returned from Infineon Raceway.....where I'd watched the Ledge Cars race on Saturday before Sunday's NASCAR race.....Anyway, as I looked at these cars I was surprised to see how much and how good there safety gear was.

I asked APBA if I could race a capsuled boat in our COR Class. I was told that APBA didn't want capsuled boats and non capsuled boat running together.

I know you guys race AOF and seem to be having fun.....and all, So, I just asked if someone showed up with a capsule would you let it run???

As far as Flat Bottom props goes, we have been so busy, I only made 9 two blade props this year....that includes 3 for Cracker Boxes. Signature Propellers currently makes and sells more than 70 props per week.
              Last edited by Ron Hill; 08-01-2011, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Capsule answer

Ron, I talked to Paul Grichar yesterday about your capsule question.
                Sportsman Entry is an entry level class and a capsule boat is not really an entry level craft. There are no official rules for Sportsman Entry class yet, therefore a capsule would be ok to run at this time. However, SE rules will be made official at the national meeting in January and most likely capsules will Not be allowed in this class. So, I guess if you have a capsule boat with a small block chevy, you can run it before January 2012.

Also, Paul wanted to know where are those 6 props you promised him for the Sportsman Entry class???

Comment

Six Props???

Wow!!! Sis I promise that??? Tell that GRITCH to call me.....

I think I promised something....but people need to remind me....I thought I promised NOSTALIA some props.........

This is Greg Foster's on E Runabout prop, **** good wheel...I made it when he was 17....30 plus years ago. I also have Conrad Murphy's three blade mold. That was a good three blade....

There is a reason this prop still hangs on Greg Foster's wall. Read about it in next month's Marlee Hill's Sherapin...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Capsuled SE boat

I'm thinkin if you show up with a boat, you'll find a class to race in. I'd drive next to you. (or slightly ahead!!)

Boyd, I dont think this is any worse than putting a blower with an injector hat on an engine and then running a ski boat class. Just sayin'

I'll go lay by my dish now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Hill View Post
                      Wow!!! Sis I promise that??? Tell that GRITCH to call me.....

I think I promised something....but people need to remind me....I thought I promised NOSTALIA some props.........

This is Greg Foster's on E Runabout prop, **** good wheel...I made it when he was 17....30 plus years ago. I also have Conrad Murphy's three blade mold. That was a good three blade....

There is a reason this prop still hangs on Greg Foster's wall. Read about it in next month's Marlee Hill's Sherapin...
                      I guess the prop that you were gonna donate at our slora awards banquite never got to Spokane and the first six Se boats that got on the water didn't get there props either? you call Gretch its long distance from Spokane.
                      Dave over and out!!

Comment

Well....

No one contacted me in Spokane. When is the end of the year party?

Where is the party?

If Gritch needs six props, he can call me....

Here are two that I know would work. The three blade is a 7/8 shaft.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I'd love to try the 16 if it's 1".

Comment

Try????

When you running again...?

How about a George Nordling Style prop, now that George isn't racing???

The one on the right....Cold Fire, Wild Child.....Lance Faulkner George Nordling to name drop!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Next race for us will be Sunday Sept 12th at waits lake. Will have the new "Closer to legal" SE motor in the boat.

Comment

Working...
                              X