Lavey sidewinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lavey sidewinder

I own a 1976 lavey sidewinder which i bought new from al. The boatwas picked up at the pico boat shop in may of 76. Al installed the strut and shaft log and new triler. Myself and two budds completed the rigging. The boat was raced from 76 to 85 as pc/ss140 and also pulling a friend speed sking. Met george nordling at al's shop in 77 or78 great gentleman always willing to help a fellow boater. Today boat is powered by a 461 chevy... Tunnel ram and 2/660 holleys and still a handful of fun after 34 years. Now my kids use the boat at teh colorado river. Still fun to see guys look at the offset engine and v-drive. Runs a 18 gear and 11.25 x 15 prop.

Welcome

I see this is your first post so greetings. This is where the outlaws of old flat racing hang out so its refreshing to hear from you. You might have already seen our sidewinder racer formerly 'Sweet Caroline' and its a 76 so you have her brother or sister! Post some pictures if you can. Thanks and welcome.

Comment

Oh

did you race it back in the day??? and what was its name?

Comment

Yeah... Lets see some pics. The Jerk is the patriarch of keeping the Lavey legacy alive. Nordling just retired (again) from our bunch and campained the "Lavey Navy" of at one time 3 active Laveys racing our circut. He is a great guy and will miss him at the races.
        sigpic

Comment

Nordling, Georgie boy

George is our Bret Farve of the Pacific Northwest Nosties. He retires then all of a sudden he wants to take another hit. He does love the Laveys and could make them competitive.

Comment

News

Another sidewinder we all know, is returning to the Outlaw bunch and may even run some APBA ones now that Burley is cancelled. Possible Black Lake?

That boat is Sweet Caroline named after Caroline Kennedy.

Comment

Sidewinder

Is george comimg back to drive sweet caroline ? Is the boat set up as a sidewinder ? Does george still have his fleet.

Comment

George sold his last yellow SS70 this Winter to a former racer back east.

His orange SS76 is now K99 and still races with us. Caroline is a sidewinder, now spill your guts as to your boat or say good night Gracie, all this is way one sided!

Comment

Working...
                X