Dick Ramsey where are you.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick Ramsey where are you.......

Promised to join in and tell us what living on a Lake year round is like! He has his 67 Chevelle El Cabango about done, I hear. Blown Mandella owner by the way (original owner 1970) is a great guy most of us want to hear from. How about it Deanne?

Dick R

I got an email from him last night if that helps!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving Dick and Deanne. Hows the weather over on your side of the hill?? Doesnt look to good there either. Take care and stay warm.
      sigpic

Comment

Hi to All
        Happy Thanksgiving, its still snowing here. We are from North West side of Washington and have been interested in flats since the early 60s. We were in Tahoma Drag and Ski in the late 60s and early 70s. We bought our '70 Mandella new as a bare hull except for fins and strut. It has been a garage Queen every since. We had the opportunity to also buy a '82 Sanger 21' about four years ago. It has a covered motor with Automatic transmission and seats about 8. It works great as our grandsons are young and they love SPEED. We have it on a lift in the summer which is great. I normally just lurk at the boat forums as Boyd says. Boyd and Robin have done a lot of good work for flat bottom racing as long as I have know them. We have enjoyed helping them as much as we could in the past, but its hard to do much this far away. It has been very wonderful to meet and get to know all the people from Eastern WA.
        Talk to you soon, Dick

Comment

Well

Lookie here what the cat drug in..........Welcome and love that boat avatar. Dick was the first flatter we called while connected to the Classic V-drive Club and have been friends ever since. Deanne maybe helped as a team logger-poster cause he's like me on puter stuff...Dick you are the best supporter of us racin types of all time.
          If memory serves, He gets his speeding experience from volunteering for the Tacoma Ski and DraG Club, I think, he and his wife wore many different hats to keep that club rolling.
          It would be safe to say they love their boat and boating family and visa versa!

It would be great to tow over and launch from their front yard on Whitcom Lake, what do you say guys?

Comment

Boyd as we talked the other day, I called Bill this morning and will try to meet with him later. They also have a Gaylord wood deck.
            Dick

Comment

Hey,
              it's the original Flat Rat...how the heck are ya?
              i'm an excellent driver...

Comment

How are you rats? We are good over here. We have been working on some of our old junk, i.e. El Camino, Sanger but nothing on the Mandella at this point. All but the cold as we accused Boyd of having left his freezer door open! What have you been doing to keep out of trouble?
                Dick

Comment

Ya well Timmie left his mouth shut and you see how boring and cold its been around this site lately? Its a Rat-Patrol warning.....overcast skys, below freezing with high and blowing snow for the whole dang Winter!

Comment

Was in Seattle end of Oct. then to up to Sedro to check out progress on the Target 550....wow it's lookin crazy.Word is they are going to "make smoke" next season...anyone like the salt?
                    Last edited by flatrat; 11-29-2010, 07:09 PM.
                    i'm an excellent driver...

Comment

Winter racing

Good to hear yous guys are surviving the weather. My grandson is ICE RACING tonight in Portland and tomorrow in Seattle. He is racing a ATV quad indoor in a ice arena. Sponsored by Hoosier Tires. Next weekend he will race at home in Fresno CA. I thought about going up to watch him race in WA. (for about 30 seconds). We will go to Fresno, next weekend. Last year he ran 5 races on the west coast and was 6th in national points.
                      Today it was bright, still, clear and 70* today.
                      HARLAN ORRIN

Comment

Originally posted by harlanorrin View Post
                        Good to hear yous guys are surviving the weather. My grandson is ICE RACING tonight in Portland and tomorrow in Seattle. He is racing a ATV quad indoor in a ice arena. Sponsored by Hoosier Tires. Next weekend he will race at home in Fresno CA. I thought about going up to watch him race in WA. (for about 30 seconds). We will go to Fresno, next weekend. Last year he ran 5 races on the west coast and was 6th in national points.
                        Today it was bright, still, clear and 70* today.
                        HARLAN ORRIN
                        Harlan,

It nice to hear about you grandson. However the weather report from Fallbrook is NOT nice.

Marc

Comment

Hi Rat
                          Must have bad can and string over here, because it never rang.... Do you realize how close you were to us??? Talk to you soon.

Comment

Hi Harlan
                            Sounds like your grandson is doing great!!!
                            What do you know about the Gaylord Boats??? I'm not familiar with them at all. How lng were they in production? Any info would be appreciated.
                            Dick

Comment

Gaylord boats

My uncle Ernie, owner of Mandella Boats, sold a glass Mandella to Bill Gaylord to modify and make a mold. This splash became the Gaylord Boats. They were built in the '60s. The main identinyint feature was the recessed wood dash in the glass deck.

Comment

Working...
                              X