Robbie did it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbie did it!

Took a wasted stripped Revenge circle boat that had been beat up flipped and set up wrong and ran very well at its first race with minimum test time. SS33 was last floating in Firebird Lake (a man made race course near Phoenix) upside down, I think. This corrosive water wil melt metal if left submerged too long.

Everone walking by this flat stopped and took another look at the old but spectacular paint, polished billet hardware and Leopard skinned upolstery. The new driver did very well for his first time, running harder and harder each additional lap.

He stole two formerly owned by Dave Bryant super stock 427 for a very reasonable price and tuned the 600 HP Chevys like an expert! Way to go Mr.Y, not bad for a plumber
    That's Robbie bent down sticking his finger in a hole in the back of the boat, preventing it from sinking before the start gun! And me in the red shirt grinning cause all our boats leak, get used to it! Mr.Y will be calling me very soon to thank me for this post.............
    Attached Files

That thing ran great. Tried to keep up, like that was gonna happen. There was talk of him trying to take it to Parker for Thanksgiving, along with one of our drivers. Wont mention any names, maybe hasnt been asked yet.
    sigpic

Comment

nice boat cant wait to go deck to deck with it
      Attached Files

Comment

Lookin' good..
        what were you running five-o?
        i'm an excellent driver...

Comment

Originally posted by flatrat View Post
          Lookin' good..
          what were you running five-o?

Still running the ole pump gas 402. I jacked up the plates and have since put them back where they work. Running pretty good again now. Wont be keeping up with you either, we will see for next year though
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Five O View Post
            Still running the ole pump gas 402. I jacked up the plates and have since put them back where they work. Running pretty good again now. Wont be keeping up with you either, we will see for next year though
            I'm hoping so....gotta update some stuffs.Ran the crap out of it after I got off my ask....of course that only happened after I got back from Trout Creek..got Skynni in it one afternoon.Putted around raise a little hell....ok ok we didn't putt
            i'm an excellent driver...

Comment

the boats are running faster and faster. Ror is getting some good seat time and when he gets the revenge going will be a "whoop-a$$ team. The SK class is now as fast as the 468 and all I can say is WOW. The Lavey of Mike Todd's is all in Levi's face and that will be very interesting next year if they get together. All these boats should be running prop-shaft releases because of the danger of a driver flying forward and trying to get his head thru the bow eye!!!!! Robbie has a fast revenge and will probably step up and run with the "Big Boys" next season. Alot to look forward to. Jimmy D.

Comment

Maybe the wrong

place to post this but I agree with Jim, all flats with the capability of running in 90s or high 80s (same difference) should have them. I'm not saying our flats hit this on the short course but during test runs at your local lake, I know most do! GPS is used to see how their combination of prop gear and HP works!
                This has been rehashed and regurgitated for months and years over the net and all concensus from those who have been there done that concurr with that speed figure. Stay under 80 like the GPS class I plan on running doesnt require this devise and this comes from knowledge gained from decades of racing either drags or circles or recreation boating.
                More later.

Comment

Originally posted by Altered Thoughts View Post
                  the boats are running faster and faster. Ror is getting some good seat time and when he gets the revenge going will be a "whoop-a$$ team. The SK class is now as fast as the 468 and all I can say is WOW. The Lavey of Mike Todd's is all in Levi's face and that will be very interesting next year if they get together. All these boats should be running prop-shaft releases because of the danger of a driver flying forward and trying to get his head thru the bow eye!!!!! Robbie has a fast revenge and will probably step up and run with the "Big Boys" next season. Alot to look forward to. Jimmy D.

No Chit Jimmy. I used to run with the pack and not have to work too hard in SK. Now... Not so. They are doing what 468 used to do and then some, in fact they are dang close to doing what 468's are doing now. Got to put on the A game to run in these leagues now.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X