Clear All

parts forsale to pay for Charlies materials

[ATTACH]23331[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23332[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23333[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23334[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23335[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23336[/ATTACH]
    I'll be listing these over at performance boats parts spam section but want anyone racing to get first dibs and of course a special price.

Gears are 12 degree but have one set of 10 degree 25s. All right hand prop conversion adapters are available, and the v-drive is actually a Z drive for hydroplanes to add a gear box to direct drive. Have 2 extra V-drive oil pans with pickup tube cheap!

I probably have what you need, just have to find it!

Comment

Chuck

Short for Chargin Charlie's progress:
      Attached Files

Comment

Well

OK, rotated the boat for final fairing and blocking. Thought I could get some Featherfill on today but NO, more delamination between the added Balsa filler and thin outside laminate cloth. After this one was filled, I sanded and prepared once more for spraying then the other baseball size one appeared near the bow! Dang it. Sure glad this boat didnt ram docks like ours do it would have been way worse! Epoxe Resin takes about 4 hours to set at 60 degrees. Another 10 hour day...Turkey soup for lunch, Turkey for din din. Need nap!
        Every seam-crack where filler was used to blend in hardware has cracked and had to be filled with epoxe. You can not just let fly with the sander since the contour and blueprint job wont allow that....you have to use three different pad sizes to avoid removing purposeful NONFLAT areas!
        The side shot shows where the major crack was that had to be resealed with the boat on its edge....you can see how straight the side should be now with all the feathering and block sanding. I'll do more after the filler is applyed but why not use the layers and layers of paint, primer, and bondo already there!
        Can you count the different coats??? I think the green is gel coat backing color. Goes between the white gelcoat and first layer of glass in the mold.
        Check out the unusual chine, cant wait to see how Charley turns!
        Attached Files

Comment

Here

Is the baseball sized delamination or damage from a hit of some sort. Notice in the center lower left in the green area a small yellow spot, this is weak if you tap it so holes were drilled and epoxe forced into the void and then a weight taped to the repair to flatten the bulge. You can also see the pink bondo smoothing the balsa-glass dropped chine beginning.

Comment

If that snout adapter is for a small block I'm interested.
            Dave over and out!!

Comment

Sorry

It's 396-427 internal balance BBC. Came out of my Lavey that I sold. Sorry

Comment

Final

guide coat on. Original motor has been found!
                Attached Files

Comment

Sugar Plums dancing in my head while cat fills the air with hair....

Comment

Needs to be warmer than 60 deg., there ol' buddy.I rigged some duel 500w lamp stands to accelerate the
                    'flashing" process.Works way betta.What kind of materials are your looking for?I have some matting and some other stuffs.The shipping would the problem.....I can deliver it.Need a good reason to go hang with a jErK...and the fuzz.. have prop too..
                    i'm an excellent driver...

Comment

My

Favorite Rat! Just need to buy another sander, I guess two boat projects was too many for it! Wow Christmas cost me a bunch! New injector, and gifts all around....whew. Fuzz?

Comment

Originally posted by Jerkizoid View Post
                        Favorite Rat! Just need to buy another sander, I guess two boat projects was too many for it! Wow Christmas cost me a bunch! New injector, and gifts all around....whew. Fuzz?
                        Injector fer what?
                        i'm an excellent driver...

Comment

Injection

is a Bugcatcher Enderle blower style for my 427 going into my Eliminator or my 63 Biscayne! New years parties abound! Stay warm, I have 11 inches!

Comment

11 inches? Now who's bragging.

Comment

Mel

Thats snow inches, I am sure you knew....

Comment

Hey,
                                Boyd and I need to get the boat painted and trailer back so we can start putting it back together real soon.

We also have a line on a small block motor. Can u let us know when we can get this scheduled and moving, Boyd is at a stalemate issue now. lol

Robin Schnell
                                (Adammitchel)

Originally posted by Five O View Post
                                Welcome the newest addition to the Northwest flatties. 1972 Javelin, set up by Al Lapointe, driven by Kip Brown and others. Been under a tarp for a couple years. A touch of glass work, some serious cleaning a few nuts and bolts and it will be good to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X