Rare Sanger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Sanger

Trying to find possible history of this light weight, enclosed strut 18'3" Bubble Deck. Only know of two others like it and possibly the only one left with this style runner bottom and attached original hardware. I am working on two leads as to its former owners on another V-DRIVE SITE. I just thought there might be a few here interested and Docster & E39, please help me keep current owners names private and of course the whereabouts of it. I will work with them as best I can and encourage them to wait a little before they give up on its restoration and haul it to the dump!!!! At present NO hardware is for sale until more history can be researched.

Possibly, it could have been a Blown Fuel Flat and one of the very early Bubble Deck Sangers. A real race boat find, always gets me excited especially when it could be a new racer!

Of course I am first in line to buy it before it hits the dumpster!
    Attached Files

Confirmed

Factory Sanger Race Boat! Through the gearbox number, this boat was assembled with hardware in house. Most hulls were sent bare to dealers across the USA but not this one. March 1972 Sanger received the Casale modified 10 degree v-drive and did their special installation.

Now to convince the owners this boat deserves to be saved by installing a new floor and big block chevy. I think 10 % of Sangers were light weight ones with even fewer having an enclosed strut. This strut made them faster due to less drag AND the props bite was increased due to less cavitation caused from the spinning prop shaft and drag caused by the blunt end strut. I wonder how water lubricated the shaft, anyone know? Surely it had a special bearing?

Comment

Working...
    X