Photos from Burley Idaho 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos from Burley Idaho 2009

Thought I would show my latest shots from our BIG event. Seven of our Nosties competed on the mile and 1/4 course around the famous island on the Snake River. Fantastic 3 day race with some very special awards. Hope more of us decide to go next year and with a little help from sponsors we might get some tow expenses.
    First one shows one of our own SS701 NEXT to the K boat crash rescue, that's our current Champion Mike. You can see how wide the ramp is for 8 boats! 4 going in and 4 going out! Check out Daves' award door prize! No California boats to challenge us, only 2 Utah racers had the guts to take the AOF competition ON! Burley Regatta is like no other for v-driven racers with boats towing as far as Florida!
    Attached Files

Had two Nostalgia newbies running this year

one in Nostalgia Endurance (GN) and two in Pro Stock. The Orange #34 of Jimmie (former farmer) with Levi the driver had tuning difficulties but still ran hard beside some very fast prostocks. Our other veteran Nostie dirver Mikie in the SS76 Lavey ran the second fastest lap for a Super Stock RIGHT behind the SS80 USA1! This was the talk of the pits and the very boat that has torn sides off more than once!
    The other newbie was Muffler Mark in the Sweet Caroline Lavey and also former Champion and record setting AOF racer! They also loaned their boat to the Legend Paul Grichar! Way to go crew #50!
    Levi won Pro Stock in Region 10 with that orange PS34 boat, an accomplishment no other Nostalgia racer has achieved. I am sure APBA headquarters is very happy to add bucks to their piggy bank from US! There have been 59 NEW drivers start in Nostalgia Flat since its beginning in 2001! There may be more now but our dog ate the last 3 pages of my list!

SS76 has been renamed from 'One More Time Around' when George Nordling was driving, to 'Orange Crush' for obvious reasons! Some said the second repair would not hold up! It did and will continue to do what it was built for: RACE!
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X