No announcement yet.

Heat 3 @ Moses Lake AOF Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A P B A Vintage Flat ok -- A O F aint going there. Maybe with out a blower belt .Comon Ror Sbc Sbf Dodge ???????
    Last edited by E-MOTION; 10-16-2009, 02:50 PM.
    Dave over and out!!

Comment

Run what you brung

We can change the playing field if we get 3 boats and then amend the rules a bit. Another boat that would like to run a new class "Vintage K' is the 76 boat of Mike Devore. Would be a new fun class don't you think Dave. Also George Woods would like to start a Vintage K in the region 10 apba races. Ror, to restore it like old should probably put in a motor that looks like the old K it used to be. (Revival of the Nostys) Jimmy D.

Comment

Gees

Cant we all get along? (Jessy Jackson)

Back to the old rule debate are we. Here is what I know: only take a few minutes!
        FACT: Alcohol is an approved fuel for both sanctioning bodys.
        FACT: The GPS endurance class doesnt care if you run a Nitro motor in APBA. The 80 mph speed limits the liability and reduces restrictions for the normal K class. And Vintage allows blowers in Hydros, case in point, Annies Dodge.

FACT: You can run a blown motor quite well on gasoline if you push the AOF methanol rule deal. Just look at all the street machines running them. It's cheap, affordable, and looks quite impressive. Forget about the popularity of 3 or more Ks running with zoomies, we have no spectators. So its what the few remaining boat owners want to do. As I see it, we meed more boats.
        FACT: I guess you have to convince Ror to actually race a boat that is so rare and valuable. With paint he could sell for an EASY profit of $10,000-$15,000. Now why in heavens name would he devalue it with a tiny engine and riisk scratching that paint while racing?? It's up to him though, I think you're whisling Dixie!

I know you would like to see an E class emerge, but remember:
        LAST FACT, most of us LOVE BIG NOISE and BIGGER ENGINES!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Altered Thoughts View Post
          Toyd- be sure to put the rest of your manifold bolts in before you fire that monster. The K-class will be a great addition and Ror is chomping at the bit. We will have to make a few amendments to the "flat" rules, maybe allow alcohol and huffers. You have all winter to get it together. Jimmy D.
          Dearest Jimmie, I always pressurize the intake system by installing a seal plate where the injector goes BEFORE firing. This testes for a possible vac leak or in this case, BLOW-WHOOSH-BANG leak.
          JeRk

Comment

Another Vintage K

There one more that could run K, is that injected Alcohol Boat in Coeurd'Alene with the Hemi. He might not be well enough to drive but we probably have a few good experienced drivers that could handle that Mopar. I say Alcohol is allowed as long as it is in the motor and not in your body. I may even stick my twin turbo in the ski deck. Jimmy D.

Comment

First of all, thanks Dave for the encouragment, but this boat wont be getting a small block of any kind. As cool as it would be to run it e class, Im set up for big block. And as Boyd said, I would be doing a big enough injustice by putting a ss or ps engine in it. So I say it needs something with a belt and a hat.

The best part is, there is alot that needs to be done to this before its ready for power. Or maybe thats the worst part.

I would put this boat on the course. Cant see it hitting the water in a K class but a restricted class sure. I could see two restricted classes in Burley, vintage flat and vintage K. Maybe even Wayne would go for that, unless hes going to keep putting a driver in the seat. End result would be all boats breaking out and being dqed, "bad drivers, no trophies", but still cool.
              sigpic

Comment

just funnin with ya Ror gonna be a long winter.Keep postin Take care of those little ones. Dave over and out!!!!!!!!
                Dave over and out!!

Comment

Working...
                X