It has come to my attention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It has come to my attention

that a few folks reading my posts dont like my drift, or humor, or grammar, or pictures, or the flats I promote, or my looks, or whatever! Get over it!
    The majority of boat racers enjoy hearing from Robin and I and love our boats. If you have questions about the flats pictured here or anything about the class history, dont hesitate to call or Private Message me here. I will be more than willing to take the time to respond since we both are in the loop and have a fair to middlin memory.
    Plain and simple logic suggests, if someone thinks they can be a better spokesman-promoter, then post on.

Keep it up Boyd, we love to hear from you and the Mrs. You have our blessing to post away. Perhaps knowing you makes it all make sense. Your handle doesn't mean you are a "JERK". Perhaps people don't understand the name!

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

I love the flat bottoms,I just wish they raced closer to my state and thanks for the pictures i love them all.
      Bob

Comment

New parts arriving

This is how I can save money making horsepower. Less compression, dont need no high flowing expensive heads or port job........or fancy fuel, or tricky tune ups! Just add one of these.........
        Attached Files

Comment

Legal in APBA Nostalgia

Just in case no one knew. I will run a blower restraint (not required) and very little boost (5 to 10 lbs) using 15 to 20% underdrive, or 20 % of the crankshaft rpm. This boost depends on lots> engine size, camshaft, rpm, blower efficiency, and blower pulley teeth ratio. At 1-1 or 50 tooth top pulley and 50 tooth bottom pulley, you produce 13 lbs with a 427 and 10 lbs with a 454.
          Heck, you see these all the time of hot rods running from stop light to stop light with that subtle whine that turns heads?! Why not on a boat? It will make a fun ski boat regardless. I love them! If not in my yellow boat, it will be at home in my ambulance!

This one has been stripped with teflon and nylon so I hope its worn some or I could be in trouble. Also plan on running E85 methanol.

Here's more: The final compression ration is also increased from 8-1 to 13.4-1 when running 10 lbs boost. With the changing of pulleys, you can adjust the engines needs to even run pump gas of lower octane. Five pounds would equal 10.5-1 approximately. For high altitude running, you just change a blower pulley instead of jets. The final compression ration can be as high as 12-1 with pump 92 octane!! With no detonation...

Here's how to figure how big the carbs should be:

(D x R) divided by 3456 times (B divided by 14.7) + 1 = Maximum CFM required

D = Cubic inch of motor
          R = Max rpm
          B = max blower boost

so lets figure 427 x 6000 = 2562000 divided by 3456 = 741.31944
          10% divided by 14.7 = .6802721 + 1 = 1.6802721
          741.31944 x 1.6802721= 1245.6183 or 1246 cfms
          so two 650 holleys would be adequate for this combination. Did I do the math right? I plan to run one dominator carb of 1200 cfms with less boost.

Or you can call Blower Drive Service and order what you need according to them!

Comment

Working...
          X