Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YouTube...

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
    I would Lose my toes and fingers if I took away AOL from the computer..... I tried...
    Dave, I thought I was the last person to switch from dialup! When I moved last year, I opted for hi-speed internet thru the phone company. It was barley more than my dial-up cost, especially when I figured in the cost of my optional phone call alert service charge. (what a pain!) When I called AOL to discontinue service, they offered me AOL free service. I can use the same AOL program on my computer. But instead of connecting thru my phone line, I connect thru my hi speed connection. Everything about my old AOL is still there: Email address, folders, browser, desktop icon, etc...it's just free now.

Hey Steve and Tony!
    Thanks for posting the cool videos on YouTube!
    YouTube is sure a great way to expose and promote our sport to the public. I'd like to see more kneel down racers posting stuff to YouTube. Hey, it's free! Also, it's free to create your own YouTube user account. Then you can save videos in a favorites folder, and subscribe to tag words such as "hydroplane", "yamato", "kyotei", etc. I was sent a notification that those NBRA videos were posted to YouTube just moments after they were uploaded. What a deal.

Comment

David what are the best Carb's to run on a 3 cylinder OMC. What is the Model number on the carb's. Also is there a open exhaust system that works better than all the others. I've seen pictures of FE's with expansion chambers on them, how do they perform.

Comment

Carbs

Steve,

I don't have the part #'s handy at work. But the carbs that come on the engines work pretty well.

Exhaust, Runne makes one, but it is hard to get and will take a year or so to get, and it is expensive. I think it is almost a grand for one.

Kurtz makes one as well, but it to is very expensive. Not sure how his production schedule is.

My best exhaust I run is a stock exhaust carved out a little. Runs as well as the original Mod 50 Exhaust I have.

I have yet to perfect the chambers on the OMC triple. Some have made great progress there. John Sharp has some that seem to work. Also, Lopez had some on the one umm larger engine, that worked great. Not sure how they would do on a 49 CI block.

John Sharp alos run stacks on his, those work real well for short course, lots of punch. Ralph Cook has perfected the Snider system, a 3 into 1 elbow with a very short stack on it.

Carbs, well, get some carbs that came on a 70HP fromt he Mid 80's and they will work.
        Dave Mason
        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
        X