NBRA in Arkansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBRA in Arkansas

So lets go ahead and get this started early..... who is planning on possible coming to this race .... as it stands we will possible be coming. Anyone know how big the course is and how the pitting area looks. But if we do come we will have from the Boyce branch of Mathews Racing , an AR , BR , CR , AH , CSH , and maybe a M25H but that isnt for certain. Im not sure if my Uncle is planning on coming or not ... And I believe that on Sunday since they will be racing a format style race ... we will only run our CSH in Group 1 and 2. So I am allready getting hyped up about it ...... bye guys
    John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
    Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
    Cell#: 318-794-4515

race in Ar.

i will be attending will be running d mod

Comment

ar race

Where in Arkansas is it and what is the date?

Ray

Comment

O-49 There

The Arkansas race (May 20-21) is on Spur Lake just south of Fort Smith. It's a private lake owned by a man who loves boat racing and hosts the race to help raise money for the local high school sports teams. Great place to race.

O-49 CSH will be there.... the water will be warmer than Alex! And maybe I can find my pull rope by then.

Dan

Comment

Ar race

aint even started to look for the pull rope yet

Comment

For those wanting directions... roughly it's south of Mansfield, AR on 37A and back up in the boonies a little (there's a sign if I recall).

For a satellite photo go to:

http://www.terraserver.com/imagery/i...r_id=510&t=pan

Dan
            O-49

Comment

Originally posted by dcrummett
              The Arkansas race (May 20-21) is on Spur Lake just south of Fort Smith. It's a private lake owned by a man who loves boat racing and hosts the race to help raise money for the local high school sports teams. Great place to race.

O-49 CSH will be there.... the water will be warmer than Alex! And maybe I can find my pull rope by then.

Dan
              Siberia is probably warmer than it was in Alex last weekend! I'm still trying to find my pull rope too.........

BTW, It was 86 degrees yesterday, 83 today, and they're predicting 84 tomorrow.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

I will be there with a CSH for group 1, and hopefully a B-1 for group 2. Look forward to racing everything on Saturday and the Oklahoma format for money on Sunday. John the course is a short one. You will need to bring the accelerating props. The lake is beautiful with great protection and a very nice setting. For all those thinking about coming, you will not be dissapointed!!!!!

Rick Miller
                34-0

Comment

Rick and John, I look forward to mixing it up with both of you at Spur Lake.

Dan
                  O-49

Comment

Is Woodell coming to Mansfield?

Hey L6..you bringing the carbon boat to Mansfield? Tell those catalyst pellet makers you have important stuff to do and trip north!

Dan
                    O-49

Comment

Spur Lake

PREDATOR RACING WILL BE THERE IN FULL FORCE ....WE'LL RUN 2 CH, 2DH,2EH ON SAT AND ALL THREE GROUPS ON SUNDAY........YOU WIN THE MONEY HERE AND YOU GET IT BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE RACE IN CASH----DID I SAY CASH--------- YEAAAA BABY
                      Speed cost Money --How fast ya wanna go ?

Comment

Any SEH ?

Is there any SEH, and SER planning on going ? And what is this "Format" racing ?
                        Dave Mason
                        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Dave -- The format the OBRA tried last year was to run fewer classes and try and produce a program for the spectators. There were three class groupings ( Group 1 was CSH, Group 2 was 25mod or B-1H, CMH and 102 mod hydro, and Group 3 was EH and SEH). We also ran 4 heats of each of which the first two heats were the ones scored for NBRA points and all four heats decided your place for the prize money. Each race had between $1500 to $2500 prize money. Yes you actually got some decent money and were paid before you left the race site. Our theory was that a guy could buy one boat and motor and get 4 heats of racing. Some did not like the format because their class was not run and I know we discriminated against runabouts, but put a full field out there and I bet you will be one of the classes. I can understand this, but we wanted to try something different than the 50 heats in one day (I don't mind 50 heats in a day, but it's not about me but about the sponsor). These were the most popular classes in our area. Now to answer your question.... For the Mansfield, Ark. race we are going to run a normal race on Saturday (i.e. whatever has enough to make a legal field gets to run) and then run the Format race on Sunday. The local sponsor can advertise that there will be time trials on Saturday if they want and then The Finals on Sunday. This Format of OBRA's is not perfect, but we wanted to try something different to appeal to sponsors and try and get prize money for the future. Our goal is a lot of boats on the water, minimal down time, and about a three hour program (i.e. same time as a football game, Nascar race, etc.). If anyone has any suggestions to make this better, we are always ready to listen. Remember this is not what is best for us selfish racers, but for the sponsor.
                          Hope this answers your question DAve. We would love to see you down here. It is a beautiful place to race and camp.

Rick Miller
                          34-0

Comment

Runabouts on sunday

Rick & Dave if there are enough Runabouts to group up, they will run for points on sunday Jeff
                            Jeff

Comment

I'll be there with a 102 mod hydro (25 mod?)

Mark
                              L22

Comment

Working...
                              X