Idea here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea here

A lot of people that I talk to , and that I try to get involed in NBRA , want to know if we have a class for the 15 HP Johnsons and Evinrudes or better known as the APBA's A Stock class . I personally think that it would be a good idea to atleast talk about possibly creating a class for this at the next years meeting . I know im young and inexperienced in what needs to be done to create a new class . But I was just stating a possible new idea . I mean I know that we dont have many people that race those engines at our local races , but at our nationals , we have guys that want to show up , and they cant , because that is there main class . I just think that it mite increase participation in the NBRA a little bit . Maybe not at our local races but at our nationals . What do you guys think ?? I know that Aof has created a class for it ( O Hydro and Runabout ) correct me if im wrong . But I just think that we should atleast give this some thought over the 2006 season . Maybe give the class a 1 year probation to see if it will have any success . But I would like to hear what you all think of this idea . Is it an OK idea ??? Or is my youth just roaming away in an idea that more than likely wont work . Either way , this has been on my mind since last year and I thought I mite toss it out to yall , and see where it goes . Thanks for reading .
    John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
    Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
    Cell#: 318-794-4515

Sure

I would be in favor of it. Considering we have a couple young-uns running them in with us now, they can run novice now with them in NBRA, and to transition to it without a restrictor is logical. Of course Ash wants to run SEH, but that is in the future.....
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

15 hp engines

john and dave, just to let you know, in the new NBRA rule book any 15hp 15 cid or less with a club foot is now a legal engine in the J class, to make it a bit easier to get young son and dad into racing, take it off the race boat and go fishing too, Jeff
      Jeff

Comment

SOrry to bud in here, I don't know anything about the NBRA but this caught my eye.

This club foot rule sounds great! what about the idle on the carb? Would they run restricted or unrestricted? I'd guess a fish gear foot unrestricted would be similar in speed to a restricted J motor.

Interested to hear some comments after a couple races where these get on the water.

Andrew
        Fralick Racing
        Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

!5hp

NBRA General tech rules require a solid butterfly & kill switch on all engines. The Tech committee reserves the right to equalize competition at any time. Just have to see how this works out.
          Art K

Comment

Sounds great! Good luck with it!
            Fralick Racing
            Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

Working...
            X