Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationals

Results from NBRA Nationals this weekend ???????????????????

Great weekend of racing 3 days of great weather,litltle rain sunday morning, water conditions were perfect. Do not have the results but I do know Kevin Mcafee had a big weekend in the larger classes. Kudos to Alan Owens for a super event & a great party party Sat. Nite. Thanks to Sanders Racing for the Fri nite pizza in the pits.
    Art K

Comment

Results will not be published until 1) they are received by the Executive Secretary 2) they are reviewed by that office 3)they are officially released for publication in the form of an excel worksheet on the NBRA official web site racenbra.net . Not you might be able to get unofficial results from someone who attended the race or won their class on this thread.

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Biggest class was the D hydro, which had 14 entries. Going on memory, John Mathew won the first heat of Elims driving Art Kampen's Tohatsu and Braxton Miller won the second driving a Tohatsu recently purchased fron Scott Clark. His boat was catching too much air and thrilled the crowd when he was able to bring it back down right in front of the pits. Rick tucked it under more and we added ten more pounds to the front of the Reed Craft. In the first heat of the finals, Braxton burst our ot the 12 boat field to take the first turn buoy, but Kevin McAfee, the defending champion took the inside when Braxton went outside. Kevin's 40 Merc took control and finish just ahead. The second finds Kevin finishing comforting ahead whe Braxton fail to get a good start. Starting from the rear he move to third place, and a second over all finish. Braxton driving for the first time in a new class finished second in both APBA and NBRA nationals.

Comment

Results I remember D Runabout Kevin Mcafee, D Hydro Kevin Mcafee, E hydro Dennis Burke, E Runabout Kevin Mcafee, Super E Hydro Lyle Mason, Super E Runabout Ralph Cook, C Mod Hydro Alan Owen, C Mod Runabout Trent Baugh, A Hydro Rick Miller, CSH Braxton Miller not sure of the rest
          Keith Kampen

Comment

The amazing thing of the whole weekend was that there was not one driver in the water all weekend, not one restart or red flag. Great job NBRA drivers!!!!!!
            Keith Kampen

Comment

Not one swimmer. Can't remember that ever happening. Braxton won B hydro. Great job by Alan Owen.

Comment

Matt Alan 25 mod hydro
                "I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."sigpic

Comment

I was in the turn boat when the Mac Attack (Kevin McAfee) started in DH. He was wicked fast and dominated the field with ease. Watching him blow by the field and masterfully take control of the lead before the first turn in the finals was awesome. He came from behind on the start, ensuring there was no chance of jumping the gun, and man did he pour some sugar on the field. No doubt about it, Mac Attack is the one to beat in DH. Given all the classes he ran, he might even be up for the over all high point award ! Great Job Kev, you deserve it.

Oh, I wanted to add, his ER is smoking as well, I was truly enjoying listening to that thing scream its tune. Anyone wanting to run ER, or DR, or DH, or EH really needs to come race Mac Attack, he will give you all you can handle and then some !
                  Dave Mason
                  Just A Boat Racer

Comment

• HYDRO21Z
                    HYDRO21Z commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was in the turn boat as well and Kevin was the class of the field. He started somewhere around 3 or 4th and by the second turn ran down and passed B. Miller with ease after that it was the Mac Attack show for the rest of D hydro. Kevin is a class act and earned the win.
                Working...
                X