Reality TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality TV

As NBRA VP I have pulled the plug on a pilot reality video that was supposed to be shot at the Jacksonville IL. After numerous EM & phone calls that were not answered or returned I finally got hold of J D Davis the person that a approached me. He answered the phone that was supposedly the President of Aerabrand a Grant Waters. Think I surprised Mr.Davis when he answered. To make a long story short I did not get any answers as to what was going on. After he hung up on me,saying he was to busy with another deal. Idecided then their is something going on that we did not want to be part of. I am really not sure what the scam is. But I felt that I should warn the boat racing community that if you are approached by these people hang up the phone. I apoligize to anyone that this may have affected. Should have been smarter.
    Art K

Wasn't ready to be famous anyway!!

Comment

Don't think any of the "famous" people from reality TV have much going for them anyways. It amazes me that folks will make a complete fool out of themselves and embarrass their families for 15 min of fame, and a few thousand bucks. Except for the " Duck Dynasty" guys which I admire for not doing what is popular but, what they really believe in. They seem cool and "normal"......at least around these parts!! BT

Comment

Honestly, I did have an idea for a reality TV series. I imagined 2-3 college aged guys 20-22 y.o. with their Motorhome and a open race boat trailer taking a summer and racing all over the US (and maybe Canada). I can just imagine all the real life drama from simple flat tires to major fisticuffs in strange town bars. And trying to cope with each other, a random free pitman (hitchhiker) and, with finding money for gas, food, props, etc. And, meeting some of our more colorful characters all across the country (that I have personally seen). A producer doesn't really need to "make up" much with this group. Sounds like a show that I'd like to watch. I'm afraid you'll see it first with someone like USAC midget guys though. Cause God knows we wouldn't want to put any money into anything that might draw interest to the masses.......But, Think about it. Boat racing might get put back into the limelight!!! Or, I might just have had too many concussions, and losing my mind. Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by Art K View Post
          . Should have been smarter.
          Art K
          You're plenty smart enough Art.

Comment

Good one Bryan! If we watched ourselves on TV we probably would question why we really do what we do and that would be reality . V-25 Alan

Comment

No TV

Darn,
              I just got a haircut and bought new T shirts!

Alan

Comment

Dang

I called Willie and Jase up and told them we were coming after their ratings already ! LOL.

I really don't think it would have been entertaining enough for the masses without some of it scripted anyways.
                Dave Mason
                Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                X