Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
    Forgot to add but Rick Keller with be there with a 3 cylinder Rude
    Yes he will. He just bought that from me a few weeks ago with everything minus ignition. Hope he runs good, that thing has some tricks in it. Hope he gets it dialed in before hand.

Just make sure you can get off the beach
    Oh it'll get off the beach

Could be interesting if Cheyneys motor runs but that is a big if..
    Oh it'll usually start

Originally posted by form-e one View Post
    hec motor ran good at lawerance lake last year then ran good at little american lake and ran good at ion,,,,jeeeze,,,
    Yep, ran good @ Lawrence

Just out of curiousity, between Cheyney and Blueskyracer, which one of you had the best ratio last year of leaving the beach and not coming in pushing a rope?
    Sattler Racing R-15
    350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
    TEAM VRP
    The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

heheheh still lacking one part for the blue motor i almost won nats with,,,, but this one seems good was over 1 mile record with it but bad weather prevented,,,, then just arived a copy of the motor i set the records with,,,,, so who knows,,,,,,,,, as to dave,,,, 104 mph was 20 years ago now hehe,,,, after 10 year retirement had to remember all the tricks to get one going,,,, consistantly,,,,, me just built the biggest boat in the mod category to run feh,,, has bin takeing some time to figg out the set up but i like to run in the 90mph range,,,, it safe and fun,,,,will see in montana if we can kik it up a notch to triple digits who knows,,,,

Comment

I will say this year the course will be just a mile.. None of this mile and a half stuff.. I would guess I came in on the rope a lot but not from engine problems.. It was one shear pin after another but I fixed the problem this year with a new Bass foot and one race one win..
        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Curse

NBRA typically does not run long courses. So your Montana race at a mile will be the longest one we have raced on. I like the shorter courses, as it makes you drive and race and not ride and prop. I can bump at 90MPH, at 100MPH you can figure out what is gonna happen. Long courses are to tough on engines, and it makes for a boring show. Not everyones engines like to run full throttle for 5 minutes never backing off. Guess it could be like breaking it in the easy way though... hehehe.

Most of the courses we run on are 1/2 mile to 3/4 mile. Then the long course Nat's are just under a mile.
          Dave Mason
          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Dave I dont know how long it will be but the guys in the old club use to go crazy since it was such a big area and it will not be like that this year..I am no good at setting a course so it will be in the hands of someone else.. We have enough room for big or small corners. We can discuss what size we want at Centralia

Comment

Typo

My thread should have been title Course... sorry. hehehehe. Hopefulyl there will be no curses in Montana !!

Mike, looking forward to meeting you in person at Centrallia. We are camping as well, so I am sure an extra adult beverage or two can be arranged in the evenings. We can talk designs, course lengths, how much fun it is to be racing, but not props, or engines. hehehehe. I have my limitations. I loosen my lips enough when those cagy cajuns get me full of moonshine.
              Dave Mason
              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                My thread should have been title Course... sorry. hehehehe. Hopefulyl there will be no curses in Montana !!

Mike, looking forward to meeting you in person at Centrallia. We are camping as well, so I am sure an extra adult beverage or two can be arranged in the evenings. We can talk designs, course lengths, how much fun it is to be racing, but not props, or engines. hehehehe. I have my limitations. I loosen my lips enough when those cagy cajuns get me full of moonshine.
                We are coming more to meet folks that we have only typed to..If the boat dont run I am sure the lips will!! This should be a hoot but you folks back there can turn down the heat anytime..I guess if you cant do that then we will just cave to consume more beverages

If we run out of time for Bu**sh** then we can continue in Montana

Comment

Mike, Dave wont show you his prop box< bummer huh, I asked him , like its some big secret or something, they all out of stainless, some 4 blades some 3, just dont get it LOL why Dave wont show me
                  Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by thetrailergod View Post
                    Mike, Dave wont show you his prop box< bummer huh, I asked him , like its some big secret or something, they all out of stainless, some 4 blades some 3, just dont get it LOL why Dave wont show me

Need to get him to pass out I guess..More shine

Comment

just called the hotel/rv park across street from the race only couple left for rv spots,,,,,that weekend

Comment

Hah !!

Need to get him to pass out I guess..More shine
                        I don't think Ralph has enough shine to get me to pass out. Well, not that I would drink that much !

And Jeff.... Jeff...Jeff....... heck no I ain't showing off those shiney stainless steel bullets. Nobody has seen those 14 inch diameter, and 23 pitch wheels before. Took a lot of work to get these to work. I will give you a shear pin for one though. hehehehehehe.

For all the new NBRA folks, remember, it is the rule to have your prop covered when not in the water launching. You can't put a prop on and leave it out for someone to get cut on. So bring a towel, rag or something and cover it up once you put it on, take it off as you back it in the water. You can dry fire without of course, just use your head and common sense and don't make a mess out of this rule.

See y'all soon. And Jeff, when you are truly in need of a prop, I will certainly loan you or anyone else one if I have it. But it better be becasue you just threw a blade off your best one, or something. I would rather get beat on the water than on the beach every day of the week.
                        Dave Mason
                        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                          I don't think Ralph has enough shine to get me to pass out. Well, not that I would drink that much !

And Jeff.... Jeff...Jeff....... heck no I ain't showing off those shiney stainless steel bullets. Nobody has seen those 14 inch diameter, and 23 pitch wheels before. Took a lot of work to get these to work. I will give you a shear pin for one though. hehehehehehe.

For all the new NBRA folks, remember, it is the rule to have your prop covered when not in the water launching. You can't put a prop on and leave it out for someone to get cut on. So bring a towel, rag or something and cover it up once you put it on, take it off as you back it in the water. You can dry fire without of course, just use your head and common sense and don't make a mess out of this rule.

See y'all soon. And Jeff, when you are truly in need of a prop, I will certainly loan you or anyone else one if I have it. But it better be becasue you just threw a blade off your best one, or something. I would rather get beat on the water than on the beach every day of the week.

Just curious how many folks have tryied to race with the rag still wrapped around the prop.. This is new for us so someone will probably have to remind me..It an age thing

Comment

every one that has backed down in the water, and tried to dry fire, has left the towel on at least once, they dont start real well , but it is funny to see. kinda like forgetting to pull the rags out of the pipes on a merc. funny how far a rag can travel
                            Jeff

Comment

I forgot to take the paper towels out of the carbs on my 44 one time, cranked it and it sucked one into the reed cage. Boy it was fun trying to get it out, never did that again.

Comment

Last year I took off from the beach with a wooden skeg protector still on.
                                Almost cooked the motor trying to get up on plane...

Comment

Working...
                                X