free test weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free test weekend

since the Pineville race has been canceled, Doc Miller has invited us to come to test on his lake in Grove Ok, I have been there and it is a good place to test. the adress for gps or maps is 24800 S. 680 rd Grove ok. camping at site , Hope to see ya there
    Jeff

No hook ups but bring your camper, it's not Pineville but we do have good water.

Comment

Thank you so much, Doc, for salvaging our weekend. Matt and I are leaving @ O-dark thirty sat morning... heading your way... Joe John

Comment

Zip Code

Got a Zip code for that address. My GPS needs one to function. See you all Fri. afternoon.
        Art K

Comment

Art---- 74344

Comment

set buoys today, bring mesquito spray for evening. I will cook an evening meal for all that come to Grove...Don't get excited, you haven't tasted my cooking. Be sure to see our Boat Barn, a new three thousand square feet bldg. air condition shop with big screen and couch. This doesn't make your boat go faster, but it me a quiet place to work on our thirteen motors...Check out elkridgegarden.com or lendonwoodgarden.com or see it in person here in grove.

Comment

Great job again Doc. I have seen the test spot and looks good. I should be there this weekend. Working on my boat now. Ray 6-T

Comment

Originally posted by doc 35-0 View Post
                I will cook an evening meal for all that come to Grove...Don't get excited, you haven't tasted my cooking.
                Very nice of you Doc, very generous. Are you giving tow money?

Comment

no tow money, but I have invited the racers to my house for dinner, Art and Jeff had the biggest T bone tonight, so what ever I have will be on the punnie side. The testing went well, Jeff and I got two big trees out of the race course with my five hundred dollar pick up boat. We made some runs with our two eighties, then with a restricted 302. We have decided to sell our eighties. Jeff was breaking in his E motor and broke a drive shaft, he wasn't really on it. Later he fixed another shaft and did get the motor broke in. The excitement of the day was the calls from Art Kampen and Charley Holman. They were useing GPS to find the test site and they got some bad advice. They didn't have a map and this place is somewhat remote.. Well, the phone service was very poor and being lost and not having cell phone service made Art's blood boil...They arrived in good spirits so happy to find some water.

Comment

Sounds like fun

Wow Doc, wish it was closer to us and we would be there! Great of you to do this, hope to see ya'll soon.

Comment

Thing came up and did not work out to come up. Wish you were closer to me. Wish I was there and testing my Hemp Hydro. See y'all at Rockaway Beach,Mo..Ray6-T

Comment

Boat Racer's have to eat and drink beer, or is it drink beer and then eat...We had a great evening chowing down on barbeque chicken, bake potatoe, bake beans, salad, hot roll and my favorite cherry pie..I made it one hour includeing the pie, Jim Talley help with the salad. Motors were broken in, a few hot laps by Matt Allen, Rick Miller, Art kampen, Jeff Ruth(his stuff is cooking) and Braxton miller who almost blew over backward when he hit a thirty mile wind in his C Mod Hydro, he rode it down saved by the long pipe.

Comment

Thanks Doc for doing this for us. other than a broke driveshaft, things went well for me. the RBT is smokin and I saw some respectible gps speeds in SEH. so set ups went well and all dialed in for Rocckaway, The food you served last night was wonderfull and ya aint such a bad cook LOL. Thanks again
                          Jeff

Comment

Matt Allen, Braxton Miller, Rick Miller were turning some hot laps in the C mod hydros when Braxton's pipe dropped in the lake....We don't have one like that one made by Testze. Will be some time to find another. Rick got some solid testing done, finding some speed in his prop box.

Comment

It was a great weekend despite missing out on Tunk's and seeing our Cajun friends and everyone else. Was windy for Friday and saturday, but today was gorgeous. Had a dad of a 13 year old come by yesterday and very inquisitive about the boats as we were putting stuff up. He brought his son by today and we put him in the Novice hydro and he did great. Hopefully he is sweet talking his mother as we speak. Needing more young blood to help grow the sport. Thanks dad for organizing everything..

Rick
                              34-0

Comment

Working...
                              X