MAY 19th & 20th race in Pineville CANCELLED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAY 19th & 20th race in Pineville CANCELLED

I hate to bring this news, but the Bill Bracken Memorial Regatta in Pineville, LA at Lake Buhlow, on May 19th and 20th, has been cancelled. The Mayor of Pineville wants to shut everything down due to road construction. My apologies!!!
    Shane Hebert
    15L

Mayor

This sucks! It is really hard to think that this was not communicated from the Mayors office long before this. There are people that took off work to be there. Some are on there way now> Charlie Holman was half way from Branson to St louis to meet me to go along with me tomorrow. Apparently the mayor is not to concerned about boat racers and the dallars they bring to town. After this he won`t have to worry about me ever again.
    Art K

Comment

Originally posted by Shebert View Post
      I hate to bring this news, but the Bill Bracken Memorial Regatta in Pineville, LA at Lake Buhlow, on May 19th and 20th, has been cancelled. The Mayor of Pineville wants to shut everything down due to road construction. My apologies!!!
      This is sad news..I guess their economy is so good that they dont need the tourism money.. Nothing like waiting till the very last minute..Time for a beer party then??
      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Bummer

I was looking so very forward to this race. It has been several years since I was able to enjoy the cajuns in their own elements. Tunks is legendary and I am going to miss that one in a big way.

Hopefully next year we can hold a first race of the season there. I like the idea of enjoying Alex in May and not August.

Thanks to all for the phone calls informing us before we left tomorrow. I guess these Yanks will have to wait to raise hell across the Mason Dixon line.
        Dave Mason
        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Sorry to hear about this Shane but these things happen. Thank you for all of your hard work and efforts!!

Comment

se if we can do it in october
            Jeff

Comment

October

The Texas race is in late Sept. One in Oct would be close. I probably wouldn't make it, as duck hunting starts end of Sept here. And October is booked with duck hunts every weekend here and a trip to ND.
              Dave Mason
              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Was looking forward to suiting back up for the race in Alex, its been seven years since my last race. Maybe Cleabern and I can make a different one later this year.
                Dwayne "Dooz" Laramore 73*T

Comment

It's all my fault, everyone. I am sorry, but, you see, I was ready...if I only was still scrambling for parts, or had a problem, it would go as scheduled, but since I was ready.....

Comment

Wow, glad I worked all last night loading boats and the motorhome. And, cancelled my reservations for a campsite at the sand dunes weeks ago. B.S. Bryan Tharp

Comment

Prep

I hear ya, Dad & I have been burning the midnight oil building a new trailer for the long haul races that we can pull behind Mom's equinox and get 30 MPG.

So I think we should all wright the mayor of Pineville and let him know his decisions made to cancel last minute was a poor one. Oh well, as they say, stuff happens. Everyone is loaded and ready for Rockaway Beach now !!!
                      Dave Mason
                      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Definitely a disappointment that the race is cancelled. However it is what it is and was not what anyone had planned to have happen. That said, please don't flame those that tried to get this race together. Now a letter to the mayor might be in order but keep it civil. If this leaves you all with extra vacation days, put them towards a trip to Montana, we'd love to have you here!

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Like Mike just said, "it is the lack of communication between government agencies that has caused this to happen!" The left hand does need to know what the right hand is doing.

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Don't cry to me, I'll still be eating white beans and gumbo after the construction is finished!! Is anybody hungry??
                            Shane Hebert
                            15L

Comment

All said and done, jokes and complaints aside. The biggest disappointment to me is not being able to honor one of the greatest men in boat racing and in life, Mr Bill Bracken. His entire family was coming to this race to honor and pay respects. To the Bracken family, we'll keep trying for
                              THE BILL BRACKEN MEMORIAL REGATTA
                              Shane Hebert
                              15L

Comment

Working...
                              X