Date set for the NBRA LUCAS OIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date set for the NBRA LUCAS OIL

the Date is SET for the NBRA LUCAS OIL NORTH/SOUTH SHOOTOUT, JULY 6/7/8. The OFFICAL PRESS RELEASE WILL BE OUT NEXT WEEK. According to the Lucas Oil Speedway GM.. More details to follow as all the Details are sorted out. Put this date on the racing calander and Plan to attend this race in the finest facility you could dream of.

Jeff
    Jeff

Lucas Oil

Congrats Jeff on all of your hard work paying off, I know you have put a lot of time and effort into this. If you want to be a part of what will become the future of kneel down boat racing in our country you should put this on your calendar to attend.
    Keith Kampen

Comment

What classes will be run there? I would really like to see this facility in person. The Lucas Family really knows how to impress......

Comment

Lucas Oil

All NBRA classes will be running, basically all stock and mod hydros and runabouts.
        Keith Kampen

Comment

all NBRA classes will run. and all the apba mod classes do fit into the NBRA class structure.
          Jeff

Comment

Class Structure

You can click on NBRA website from this site. Our class stucture is in the rulebook portion. We combine a lot of stock and mod classes together. This has worked well for us with hot & heavy competition wether you have a stock or a mod. You never know what combo is going to win. If you let us know what you run we will let you know how your outfit fits into our classes. If you you are APBA Stock or Mod their is place for you to run.
            Art K

Comment

Lucas

After testing last weekend I would never pass up a race at this facility. The pits are great, the lake stays smooth and it will be great so see the stands filled with folks getting a taste of NBRA racing. Jeff, one qiestion. I was born in NY and live in Louisiana. Which side of the shootout am I assigned to? I hope a number of folks from APBA come and join us. It is a great club to race with and it will grow with time.

Alan
              Last edited by OldRacerBU; 04-12-2012, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Alan that makes you Just like me a rebel yankee. so you walk a fine line. just whistle dixie and sing yankee doodle at the same time
                Jeff

Comment

Hey, regardless of your GPS home site...this race will be super, and it will be good for our sport because the folks who have invited us there, and the folks who will be watching are already "racing" people. It'll be a good time to show what our sport is all about and a good time to put on the spit and polish and show some pride in what we do and how we do it!

NBRA has shown a commitment to keep the sport alive and reasonably priced throughout its existence, and now is a good time to show folks how it's done!

Thanks Dan Robinson of Lucas Oil Speedway for your faith in us, and thank you Jeff Ruth for your dogged determination to get us to Wheatland! You both deserve a big round of applause!

I'm eager to get back on that long lake!!!

Dan Crummett
                  NBRA President
                  Last edited by dcrummett; 04-13-2012, 06:38 PM.

Comment

This is for you Jeff...

CAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP....

Comment

Game changing for boat racing. Jeff Ruth 1. Crown Partners 0. Amazing

Comment

Nothing has been set in stone, but if three boats show up in one class, then it maybe combined with other classes. The one important thing for our first race is that we want to put on a good show, close racing and it's up front. What you will see when you get there is that the boat lanes are close to the bleachers, the people are right there, getting to see the action. let's give them their monies worth...

Comment

haa guys congrats... know you prob worked hard on this site,,, just wondering for us out-of towners,, watching vid,,, seems only 4 d-mods wide???... 2 bouy turns ??? mmm,,,

Comment

Heats

Plans now are to run 6 boat heats. Plenty of room for that. While we were testing the bouys for the drag boat lanes were still in place. This prevented us from setting up a proper race course. They will be removed for our race. This will be a tight but safe course. Water conditions are amazing, fast and smooth. Course places a premium on a driver that can start and drive a smart race.
                            Art K

Comment

Course Size ? Sanctioning Body ?

Who cares. The NBRA has just crossed a line that 99% of boat racers never thought possible. You have a very willing sponsor, who knows how to promote our boat racing, and is willing to do it on the web, and in the media for us. Just because they saw a program that works for us, and them. The package was sold. The package is similar to what the USTS did several years ago. Simplify the structure, reduce the classes not through attirition, but though combination, and simplify the rulebook.

Jeff, I know how much crap you took from a lot of outsiders of the NBRA, and even some within on how Lucas Oil would never sign us up. It took you and the program NBRA offers, and your willingness to go the extra step to accomodate them for it to happen. I never lost faith you could do it.

So, for all the naysayers, and on the fence types, here is a chance for you to support the knee jockies of stock & Mod Outboard racing. If you truly care about the sport of boat racing, deep from within your heart, you will make every attempt to attend this race. Whether the money is good or not does not matter. This is about boat racing, not NBRA vs APBA, Vs AOF, or any other sanctiong body. This is about growing the sport.

Last Sunday only a few of us were left in the pits towards evening. Some fans made their way over to our pits. They were excited. The guy told me he drove 98 miles one way to enjoy the stadium. Once he saw the race boats, he said this place is my new playground on the weekends. He absolutely loved racing, and boats provided another venue to drool over. This area has RACE fans. Lets give them what they want, and put us on the short list for entertainment. Even when I stopped into the local gas station for coffee on the way in people would ask me about the boats. They are excited about it. And with Lucas Oil pushing us........ you can see the potential. If you can't then you need to go see your doctor.
                              Dave Mason
                              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                              X