Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nbra rules for 49ci omc triple

was looking at rules for OMC 49 Triple in NBRA book and noticed
    number of ports for reed block is not specified?

Can anyone confirm this............

Thanks
    Anthony McCulloch
    modifiedoutboard@hotmail.com

Some things never change
    sigpic
    They want it cheap

Reed openings for omc 49 trip = n/a ?

GROUP 4:
    OMC 49.7ci 3 CYLINDER / MERCURY 49.9ci 3 CYLINDER /
    YAMAHA 42.6ci MODELS 6H5 AND 6H4 / TOHATSU 42.5ci 3 CYL CUBIC INCHES - 49.7 / 49.9 / 42.6 / 42.5
    NUMBER OF CYLINDERS 3 / 3 / 3 / 3 BORE +0.070 - 3.0 / 2.875 / 2.638 / 2.677
    STROKE +/- 0.010 - 2.344 / 2.564 / 2.598 / 2.520
    NUMBER OF CARBURETORS - 3 / 2 / 3 / 3
    REED OPENINGS - N/A / N/A / 4 / 4
    Anthony McCulloch

Some things never change
    sigpic
    They want it cheap

Comment

Whom should I ask

Whom should I ask about # reed ports in the 49 OMC, would like to make one legal for all sanctioning bodies if possible............
      Anthony McCulloch

Some things never change
      sigpic
      They want it cheap

Comment

This is from the NBRA rule book.
        A. Must meet bore and stroke criteria.
        B. No additional reed cages or carburetors are permitted other than the number specified by the manufacture.
        C. No other means shall be used to introduce air/fuel mixture into the crankcase other than the service crankcase and service carburetors supplied by the original manufacture.
        D. Reed cages and carburetors must be conventionally located. No size measurements specifications apply to either.
        E. Material may not be added to the engine to increase the size of the reed cages. However,material may be removed to do so.
        F. Material may not be added to the carburetor to gain a size advantage.

This is for the OMC 49.7 3 cylinder, Mercury 49.9 3 cylinder, Yamaha 42.6,and the Tohatsu 42.5 3 cylinder
        NBRA Tech member
        Larry McAfee

Comment

NBRA reed cage

Originally posted by modifiedoutboard View Post
          Whom should I ask about # reed ports in the 49 OMC, would like to make one legal for all sanctioning bodies if possible............
          You read the NBRA rules correctly: There is no limit to the number of reed openings for SE, but cages must be dimensionally the same as the service 6-port. That said, if you want to build a single engine legal in both APBA and NBRA, the limiting factor is the 6 ports required by the APBA...........

Tim

Comment

Thanks am preparing 49 omc

Originally posted by Larry M View Post
            This is from the NBRA rule book.
            A. Must meet bore and stroke criteria.
            B. No additional reed cages or carburetors are permitted other than the number specified by the manufacture.
            C. No other means shall be used to introduce air/fuel mixture into the crankcase other than the service crankcase and service carburetors supplied by the original manufacture.
            D. Reed cages and carburetors must be conventionally located. No size measurements specifications apply to either.
            E. Material may not be added to the engine to increase the size of the reed cages. However,material may be removed to do so.
            F. Material may not be added to the carburetor to gain a size advantage.

This is for the OMC 49.7 3 cylinder, Mercury 49.9 3 cylinder, Yamaha 42.6,and the Tohatsu 42.5 3 cylinder
            NBRA Tech member
            Larry McAfee
            Thanks Larry
            The limiting part to this engine is the reed cage, I guess for NBRA I
            Will port the reed blocks and add a couple more to it.
            Then bore carb to match mod block and port block to match.

See you this summer....

Thanks,
            Anthony McCulloch

Some things never change
            sigpic
            They want it cheap

Comment

why list ,# Of ports

Originally posted by Tim Kurcz View Post
              You read the NBRA rules correctly: There is no limit to the number of reed openings for SE, but cages must be dimensionally the same as the service 6-port. That said, if you want to build a single engine legal in both APBA and NBRA, the limiting factor is the 6 ports required by the APBA...........

Tim
              Wonder list stuff that is not inspected ?
              Anthony McCulloch

Some things never change
              sigpic
              They want it cheap

Comment

Anthony, I will be looking forward to meeting you. There is a good field of SE motors in NBRA and I think you will have some good competition.
                Larry Mac

Comment

mmmm i only have one port in my reeds,,,mmmmmmmmm

Comment

as far as ime conserned,,, all motors not v-rude,,, should be opened up to compete with the v-rude,,, rule to read all motors bore /stroke,,, front mounted carbs as by manufacture...ie no 2 barrell carbs,,, carbs must be offerd by manufacture of said angine to be used.. just a thought

Comment

ie front case cant be alterd,,,,,,carb studs can be relocated,,, ??

Comment

we need to bring up the other motors to compete with the v-rude and build the class,,,hec even fushlins 60 cuber got beet hands down,,,ssssoo???

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by Larry M View Post
                          Anthony, I will be looking forward to meeting you. There is a good field of SE motors in NBRA and I think you will have some good competition.
                          Larry Mac
                          I hope to be there and appreciate your help.

regards,
                          Anthony McCulloch

Some things never change
                          sigpic
                          They want it cheap

Comment

Working...
                          X