Huge thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge thank you

I would like to take a moment and thank some folks for one of my most memorable race seasons ever.

First to my main sponsor/ride Dave Nichols. Dave Nichols took a chance and offered me the ride for the year in EH and ER. Without his offer I would be sitting on the beach talking smack. So Dave, THANK YOU for the chance. The high points trophy will be yours at the year end banquet, and could only represent a small token of my thanks.

The crew Dave brought includes Linda (Dave's Wife) and Jimmy, Linda’s brother. Thank you Jimmy for your tireless efforts in helping pit for us. Without you the job would never had happened. And Linda, the videos and pics and words of encouragement, THANKS !!

Thanks to my parents for coming along with me and running my SEH (which he did well with winning Nat's and high point). Thanks for always being there. Without you I would be lost in the racing world.

And a special thanks to all the NBRA sponsors.

RFA - I think the Ethanol we used all season in some pretty high tech engines proves your fuel will work in any marine application. I look forward to partnering with the RFA for years to come.

And the countless sponsors at each race, so many I can't even begin to list them.

My season with the NBRA was inspiring, and proved to me boat racing in the outboard kneelers will never go away. The growth in membership this year was fantastic, and proves what we are doing works. One BIG point of interest for me in particular was how much the organization cared and listened to the members. The interaction between executive management and the common racer is superb. There is no disconnect. When something did not look right I could count on common sense prevailing. Thank you for that. And the membership... you guys rock. Man what fun at the races, and the camaraderie and sportsmanship is second to none.

The Tow money and prize money we were able to receive at the races made the race year a very inexpensive year. It cost me less to travel to the NBRA races than it does to drive back and forth to work every day. Thank you for working on one of the most significant barriers of entry to boat racing. Without that help, many racers would stay home.

Thanks to EVRYONE involved !! What a BLAST and I can't wait for next season !!!!!!!!!!!

Attached is a pic of me racing the EH. What a RUSH !!!
    Attached Files
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

Dave it sounds like you enthusiasm for the sport has been rejuvenated..That is great for you and the sport..

Now you and your dad will be the hunted for 2012..Will you be teaming up with Dave Nichols again next year?
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Sure has been a fun year watching you run Mr. Dave! From eating pecans out of the runabout in Texas to talking to you about all the ins and out of Facebook and texting in Kansas, etc. It's been a fun season. Can't wait for next year!
      John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
      Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
      Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
      Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
      Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

At the start of the season I said the Mason / Nichols team was going to be hard to beat and I was right. After the smoke cleared they came out on top. I think they had the fastest E Mod Hydro (44) I have ever seen. If any body has more fun than the Mason family at the races I don't know who it is. So congratulation Dave Mason, Dave Nichols and Lyle Mason on a fine season you guys deserved it.

Larry McAfee

Comment

This was really good racing...and these are really good people.

Comment

Masons

I just want say that it has been my personal pleasure to have all three of ya at all the races this year. Glad things worked out so you all could be with us . You guys ran awesome all year and it shows Glad Dave picked a Super Driver for his fast stuff and glad you picked a Super , Super Driver for your Super E . Experience prevails again . It worked out great . I know the Banquet will be night to remember. Gonna need a wagon to haul out the moo-la ....
            Speed cost Money --How fast ya wanna go ?

Comment

Moo-Laa

Vernon,

Thanks. Youa re right, the money for high points will put my year in the black ink without a doubt. The prize and tow money at each race paid for 95% of our travel costs. I can't say it cost a lot to run those races with the NBRA. And with the year end prize money, it will be a GREAT time at the banquet. Oh, Dad had a blast in the SEH too, proving once again, he still has what it takes to win. All I can say is this, I wouldn't want to race against him, he is hard to beat !

John, Ya, it was fun learning all about Facebook, and all that texting stuff you do. Sitting outside the hotel room learning facebook and texting... at a boat race.... I could not have predicted that one in a million years. Now that FB changed again, I am once again lost. Perhaps another lesson next season, hehehe. Oh, and make sure to park that runabout under the pecan tree again....
              Dave Mason
              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

I would like to THANK all of the NBRA gang for having the Garnett, Ks. race.
                Only a 2 1/2 hour dirve for me.. I made the mistake of first going to the north
                race site first and thinking,,,, Holy S__t,,, I have the date wrong...Luckily,,
                one of the boaters at the lake told me to go to the south lake.. By golly,,, there
                you were all there.. Thanks again... Can't wait for next year.
                Dave Viola----Bob's ill-begotten nephew...LOL
                33-Y retired
                dviola2@cox.net
                Last edited by runabout333; 09-28-2011, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                  John, Ya, it was fun learning all about Facebook, and all that texting stuff you do. Sitting outside the hotel room learning facebook and texting... at a boat race.... I could not have predicted that one in a million years. Now that FB changed again, I am once again lost. Perhaps another lesson next season, hehehe. Oh, and make sure to park that runabout under the pecan tree again....
                  So are you saying you aim to be as good of a social networker as me!? ;P haha. I'll make sure to tell Tara to add that to the places she tags with your goal of driving as well as her lol. Can't wait for next year! Maybe I can end up being a little competition. *Crosses fingers* haha.
                  John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
                  Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
                  Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
                  Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
                  Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

Nbra

Congrats to you Dave along with your sponsor Dave Nichols. An did Lyle show them how to do it in SEH. We had a great time this year & looking forward to next year. NBRA is where the action is. See you in KC.
                    Art K

Comment

Working...
                    X