X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garnett Race Schedule

Garnett Ethanol Nationals Schedule June 23 - 26th -- Cedar Valley Reservoir

$5000.00 prize & tow split 50/50

Course will be set up Wed after 2:00pm - no testing allowed !!

Thursday - 9:00am Registration opens - no testing till signed up

12:00 open course for testing --- pending record sign ups $15 each or $20 for 2 - testing till 5:00pm

Friday ----Best day for records -- Course opens at 9:00am - must be Registered

Alternating all day between records and testing ---- Course closes at 5:00pm

6:30 Dinner at the Knights of Columbus- $15.00 W/

dessert (NeedHeadcount) BYOB

AUCTION ---- AUCTION ---- 7:30 Sharp Bring Cool stuff for Extra tow $$$

Dee JAY fires up during Dinner and Takes request

Saturday -- Nationals Day - Quiet til 9:00 am no Starting --

9:00- 10:00 testing

10:00 - Drivers meeting ---- 10:45

10:45 -- 11:00 am Autograph sessions

************ 11:00- 11:30 Driver Introductions ****************

11:30 -- Pick up boats in position /////

11:30 -- Ethanol Express Drive By For Executives

11:45- National Anthem Followed by Barefoot Terry Long

11:45- 12:00 Announcer of Sponsors---

12:00 Race Starts ----

3:00 Small Dash for cash - Big Dash for Cash Lemans Style $5 entry

3:30 Finish race schedule

4:30 -5:00 If time permits RC boats and planes

6:30 Knights of Columbus Big Awards Presentation --- BYOB

Sunday - Quiet til 10:00 Drivers School ?

1100Am Drivers Meeting

11:30 Course set up - turn boats

11:45 Ethanol Express Pass followed by National Anthem

12:00 start Racing

3:00 Dash for Cash Small --- Large $5 entry

3:30 Finish Racing Schedule

5:00 Lake Closes for Racing

Great Times

We had a blast in Garnett. The cream of the crop was in town competing for the short course nationals. It sure seemed like a big nationals with some pretty capable rigs in attendance.

Vernon Barfield and the RFA (Ethonol Group) sure know how to put on a great race. Lots to do, parties were a blast, and I am pretty sure that whole shoreline of spectators had fun too.

Some new champions were crowned and that was awesome. It is great to see some new names popping up on the champion list. It shows hard work pays off for all who want it bad enough.

While we only got part of the schedule ran on Sunday as the wind in Kansas decided Dorthy and Toto needed another trip I know everyone there was having fun. The name of the game. The wind was not real strong, just enough to put some white caps out there.

A safe race, and a strong competing group added to the racing. This is a great venue for boat racing and the town gets behind the NBRA to put it on.

I write this as we sit broke down in Joliet IL waiting on a water pump to be repaired at a repair shop. Hope to get home tonight !!
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Garnett was a Blast!

Great weather, good friends, good water, good food... what more can you say about The Ethanol National Shortcourse at Garnett's beautiful Cedar Valley Reservoir this past weekend???

Thanks Vernon and Patty! No one can know how hard you worked on this event. You are to be commended with much applause!!!!!

Thanks to the folks at RFA and East-Kansas AgriEnergy for coming out to watch. And many thanks to the friendly people and city official of Garnett, Kan.; Susan and Don Wettstein for their tireless work before, during and after, this race, and for all the racers and families who turned out for a great weekend.

Again, Thanks Vernon and Patty.

Dan

O-66

Comment

Great time there , Thanks Patty And Vern for all the hard work, Thanks to all who attended , 11 states represented, and good turn out, had fun seeing all those I havent seen in awhile, O yea they need to change the name of the Lake to BLACKBERRY LAKE just for Vern LOL Thanks again see ya all there at MANSFIELD in July Jeff
        Jeff

Comment

It looks like the Mason and Nichols team is going to be a tough one to beat congratulation on your Short Course National win in the E Hydro it was impressive.
          Hope you all got home all right.
          Larry Mac

Comment

Thanks

Larry,

Thanks for the congrats. It was a great race. I am certain you and Kevin will get the engines back together and bring all the competition we can handle.

I also want to shout out a congrats to Richard Baze for his win in the SEH Short Course Nationals. This boy drove his arse off to a win. A well deserved victory. Richard was driving Homer Shultz's SEH rig. What a site to see a full field of SEH's on a short course coming into the first turn and turning up the heat. Was a treat to watch !
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

How many reg. APBA drivers attended this race,and if you didn't why not.

Comment

APBA Stock and J class Divisionals

were held the same weekend in DePue, IL would be one reason.
                Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

Working...
                X