nbra new race site??spokane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nbra new race site??spokane

we have a oppotunity for a new race site here in spokane,,, it is a gigantic lake and privately owned,,,, am wondering what it would take to put on a nbra race here????? and also considering that most folkes here are aof members is there some sort of cross over courtesy???.... would appreciate any help and guidence

Not sure what you want but I would say get a hold of Roy Mackey ( NBRA Secretary)
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

You can also give me a call 1-479-927-2847
      Jeff

Comment

cool trailer god,,heheh,,, will be looking at lake this weekend to make sure and prb testing a new d-mod there,,,, then get hold of ya...., as far as roy concerned will try but from what i hear ,,,he doesnt want anything to do with people/racers in spokane?????????

Comment

Originally posted by form-e one View Post
          cool trailer god,,heheh,,, will be looking at lake this weekend to make sure and prb testing a new d-mod there,,,, then get hold of ya...., as far as roy concerned will try but from what i hear ,,,he doesnt want anything to do with people/racers in spokane?????????

You should call him, he's been a good guy to me, he has gone out of his way to help me out in the past, when I needed to get an NBRA club registration to be sent very quickly to Ric, to receive a new 302.

Wouldn't have been able to make the race without his help.

Comment

No ill intended here, and just asking out of curiosity...if you're all AOF members why are you seeking an NBRA race???

Dan
            O-66

Comment

nbra has insurance for there drivers and aof doesnt,,,,, as i can attest when you have a accident ya need insurance,,, if we can have about the same entry fee and insurance for the drivers,,,why not,,,, plus tired of hearing all the bickering and in fighting in aof over the years,,,,

Comment

Probably should remember here that:

#1 One person doesn't speak for an entire group;
                #2 There are many people who belong to and race through more than one organization; #3 Each organization offers something different to it's members.

There is no need to "slam" any organization. Each person can race where ever they choose it is their choice, no one is forced to race AOF, ABPA, NBRA, USTS. that being said there are geographical limitions to racing with some organizations. If this becomes and organizational bashing thread I will be have to delete it, we have been down this path previously. Thanks!

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs blueskyracer View Post
                  If this becomes and organizational bashing thread I will be have to delete it, we have been down this path previously. Thanks!
                  Yeah Dan, shezzzze man, what are you trying to do start a fight?

Just doing a drive by?
                  Throw out a match and drive off?

Start a blog or something...

Comment

Originally posted by form-e one View Post
                    as i can attest when you have a accident ya need insurance,,,
                    And we should all be reminded that there are risks inherent in racing that we perhaps do not have in "regular life". We perhaps should have medical insurance or a HSA before partaking in a sport such as this and should verfiy that our medical insurance or health savings account will indeed cover an injury received while participating. We should not expect the sanctioning body to cover our butts (or other parts)!

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

I understand the reasoning... it just seemed strange on the surface. As I tried to say early on... no ill intended, just wondering.

Dan
                      O-66

Comment

not at all i luv the people in aof... like mike and his wife always coffe at rego and great peiople just trying to race,,, like me and most of us dont have alot of money for the extra's... like me on unemployment all summer,,,, if i was hurt bad at a aof race ,,,mmmm... so i would like to take care /consider others that all...i dont want to see a racer bankrupt or not raceing cause he flipped and got injured,,,,i have bin doing this 35 years and have seen it,,,if iam going to do this.. i want the best for the racers,,,,

Comment

I think you may be expecting too much from the insurance you are seeking. It is secondary and would not begin to cover the costs of a serious injury. Two seasons ago I blew over and broke a couple vertebrea. That fix was 30 K. Jack

Comment

cheyney

Did you go see the lake at all?

Comment

The fact that NBRA has $100,00 medical coverage per Jeff Ruth is certainly a plus and should be looked at by all. However, remember, unless you are planning on putting on the race yourself, it is always nice to use the local club, which in your case is probably an AOF club?
                              Just a thought you might want to consider.
                              Connie

Comment

Working...
                              X