Rest in Peace, John Dortch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest in Peace, John Dortch

John Dortch Sr. passed from this life last night.

He joins his beloved Liz and so many friends on Lake Paradise.

I will post more information as I hear from Little John.

Rest in Peace my friend!
    BRF doesn't make participation so difficult

Johnny and Liz were wonderful people. I will always remember our talks and time together. I was fortunate enough to spend a few minutes with him just last month at the PRO nationals.

Rest in peace Johnny....I know you are happy to be with Lizzy again...
    Susan Eldredge Sailer

Comment

I also talked to John and Little John at the Pro Natonals this year. He was sure glad that he was able to be thier this year. After he stopped racing he would always make the trip up to DePue with his beloved wife Liz.
      John made a lot of friends in the Mens Club and he was always would go golfing on Monday or Tuesday of the nationals with guys in the club and he really enjoed that and when he would call me during the year he would ask about everyone.
      About a month ago I called him and told him about his golfing buddy Frankie passing away he was upset he wasn't able to get up to the funeral know him and Frankie can play golf as much as they need.
      He will be sadly missed
      My prayer and thoughts go out to the family
      Take care Little John
      Paul Bosnich

Comment

Another good friend gone

We are sorry to hear of Johnny Dortch passing. Johnny will be missed by all his racing buddies.
        RIP Johnny, see you at the finish line.
        Bill & Joyce

Comment

I am so glad I got to see and talk with John at Depue. Since we were kids I always remember Liz saying THATS JOHNNY DORTCH. John was a great guy and great for boat racing. Rest in peace JOHNNY DORTCH. Tim & Tom Small

Comment

Goodby my friend

I was saddened to hear about the passing of John Dortch, a real boat racer and character. John and I raced together many years ago and always had a good time. Our prayers go out to little John and his sister in this time of sorrow. You will be missed.

Hall Racing
            Rex, Doug, and Denise

Comment

Funeral arrangements

The funeral for John Dortch will be Saturday, August 28 at the Bauman Memorial Funeral home, Overland Mo. from 1:00 to 3:00 pm. Phone number for the funeral home is (800) 427-5145. See you there.

Comment

Web address for funeral home is www.baumannchapel.com.

However, John's obituary has not yet been posted.(8:00 PM)
                BRF doesn't make participation so difficult

Comment

What a shock. I was fortunate to be able to talk to John for about a half hour at Depue. He seemed to be doing so well. Of course we talked about racing and how he and dad used to travel together. You never know when the last time you will see somebody. Take time to talk with family and friends. God Bless

Comment

I am very sorry to hear that John has passed. I had really hoped to see him again sometime in the near future. John and Liz were great friends of the family and were always there when they were needed. They use to look out for us as if we were their own kids. They will be missed very much. Our prayers go out to Little John and the rest of his family. God bless and we will be thinking about you all.

Comment

Working...
                    X