Results for 2010 NBRA Southern Short Course Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results for 2010 NBRA Southern Short Course Nationals

Forget Pierre LaChomp, we have to watch out for "Spike"! Shane met him Friday and they did not get along too well. Shane had just pulled into the pits from making a test run. He got out of his boat, and while he and Tylane were putting the boat onto the dolly, something got into Shane's Cut Pants. Something stuck him in the leg and was swimming up. He screamed for Tylane to "Get this thing out of my pants!!". They could tell where it was, but not what it was. Tylane caught it and was holding this thing in his cut pants, while Shane took his jacket, sleeves, and pants off. After a long struggle and Shane in agonizing pain, they finally got it off saw that it was a baby catfish, the threw it back into the water. Shane was bleeding, his leg was swolen and he was limping for the rest of the day. The whole event looked strange from the bank. Spike is still swimming in Lake Buhlow and he is looking for his next victom. Beware!!
    More recap later! Here are the results for the 2010 NBRA Southern Short Course Nat's! It was a great race day!

DH
    1st - John Mathews
    2nd - Vernon Barfield (by .01seconds)
    3rd - Alan Owen
    4th - Jeremy Sumrall
    5th - Keith Kampen
    6th - David Baze

AH
    1st - Tylane Hebert
    2nd - Jessica Hawkins
    3rd - Joe Seay
    4th - Matt Johnson
    5th - John Mathews

BH
    1st - John Mathews
    2nd - Tylane Hebert
    3rd - Bill Kropog

M25H
    1st - Dan Parker (by .05 seconds)
    2nd - Vernon Barfield
    3rd - John Mathews
    4th - Alan Owen
    5th - Andy Seay

CSH
    1st - Matt Johnson
    2nd - John Mathews
    3rd - Joe Seay
    4th - Andy Seay
    5th - Mark Daspit
    6th - Randy Mathews
    7th - Ryan Crews
    DNF - Dan Parker

ER
    1st - Keith Kampen
    2nd - Randy Mathews
    3rd - Jeff Ruth
    DNF - Jason Sumrall
    DQ - Jeremy Sumrall

DR
    1st - Alan Owen & Jason Sumrall
    2nd - Jeremy Sumrall
    3rd - Keith Kampen
    DNF - Randy Mathews

CMH
    1st - Vernon Barfield
    2nd - Dan Parker
    3rd - Alan Owen
    4th - Alan Van Weele
    5th - Randy Mathews

EH
    1st - Jason Sumrall
    2nd - Keith Kampen
    3rd - Randy Mathews
    DNF - David Baze

SEH
    1st - Vernon Barfield
    2nd - Henry Sage'muehl
    3rd - David Baze
    4th - Shane Hebert & Jeff Ruth
    DQ - Burt Hoefs (SORRY BURT!!!)

As you all know, the 2010 NBRA Southern Short Course Nationals was dedicated to Artie Lund. We lost a man who had such a great passion for Boat Racing and he is the one that got NBRA started. The High Point Champion of this race was presented with the Artie Lund Tribut Award, a plaque in honor of Mr Artie Lund. This award was given to someone who competed with Artie many times. He also dedicated his winning race to Artie. Congratulations Mr Vernon Barfield! You were the High Point Champion of the 2010 NBRA Southern Short Course National Championship Race!!
    Shane Hebert
    15L

Thanks !!

Thanks to all who worked so hard to put on this race. We were pitted right next to the judges stand and I have to say those ladies worked their tails off up there. As one of the folks that reaped the benefits of all that hard work I want to say THANKS!!

It was a great race.
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

I had a Great time at alex thanksto the Heberts and all that put this race on, the food was WONDERFUL, I ll go back just for Shanes beans mmmmm good
      Jeff

Comment

congrats

congrats to all of you that brought home the trophies. Sounds like we missed a good weekend sometimes work before play is not a good thing .

Comment

Alex

Big thanks to the Heberts. Kampen Racing really enjoyed it! What a great cajun meal Sat nite.
          Art K

Comment

Overall a outstanding event . Special thanks to all who made it happen. Congrats to all the new Champions and race teams . The Hebert family and Patsy Ruth deserve a big round of applause , way to go guys ! Hope everyone made it home safe with no glitches . Definately an honor to receive the Artie Lund Tribute Award for Overall High Point . Godspeed Artie
            Speed cost Money --How fast ya wanna go ?

Comment

Originally posted by BURNINVERNON View Post
              Definately an honor to receive the Artie Lund Tribute Award for Overall High Point . Godspeed Artie
              Congratulations Preditor Racing!

Comment

Always a good time thanks to the Hebert's hard work, the weather and food were outstanding also. A big thanks to Burt and all who helped officiate and congrats to the Champs.
                Alan V-25

Comment

It was an awesome weekend. Had some good close racing. Had a few spills. But everyone is ok for the most part. I know Baze had a bit of a limp. And myself (am having trouble moving my left arm around). It happens. Thanks to everyone who made the haul to Buhlow. Thanks to the Heberts for all of their hard work in putting this race together. Thanks to everyone who stepped foot in a turnboat and who helped on the judges stand. Congrats to Vernon on the Artie Lund Award. I surely tried to give him a run for that one. But I'm glad to see it go to one of Artie's fellow competition in the Super E class. Thanks to everyone also who helped us with our 4 cylinder program. Whether it were actually help with this or that... Or just advice. Our win in D Hydro is probably the most proud I've been in a long time. Congrats to all the Champions and teams. I look forward to seeing everyone again soon.
                  John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
                  Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
                  Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
                  Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
                  Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

Congrats !!!!!!!!

Congrats to all who braved Chomp last weekend and prevailed.

SEH Winner - Vernon, great.... now we have to put up with him... but that's okay, he has a cool trailer !

I sure missed being down there, I tried to keep tabs on things. Sounds like The Heberts are great hosts ! Hope the sore from the incident is gone.

Look forward to seeing everyone soon !
                    Dave Mason
                    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Pineville

What a great place to race and a trully an outstanding job by the folks who worked so hard to put on a great show. Looking forward to the race in AR and possible we will also run D and E hydro the next time out. Thanks to the folks that helped us and next time we will have our own cut suit if it come in!!

Alan SR and JR

Comment

Hey Allen its a good thing to see you all come back, I really hope you come up to Mansfield, I know you will have things runng top notch then. Also the owner of the lake and sponcer of the race like to hear the noise of the mercs running, you may even want to really give him a thrill by firing up those A and B quincy loopers you have in the box. those engines are some of the finest I have seen
                        Jeff

Comment

What motors?

In d hydro what motors won ? just curios

Comment

Back Again

Hi Alan- Great to see you back in the cockpit. Always good to see an old time friend running again. Many years have passed since the Long Island days and running in the northeast. Have FUN and be safe this year.
                            Ye Olde Desert Geezer

Comment

Pineville

Hi Al,
                              Well it really was my son, Alan Jr, running. It was his first race ever in a hydro or for that matter in any boat. I think he is hooked and we will be running up in AK in a few weeks. The hydro was the built for Harry Brinkman and we only picked it up a week befor the race. I intend to run a couple races this year but right now we will focus on getting him up to speed.

Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X