Come and Race It In Texas !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come and Race It In Texas !!

We are proud to announce that the Lone Star Outboard Racing Association has two events confirmed for this year. 2010 will be a summer to remember in the Lone Star State, because you have two opportunities to race Texas, so make your plans now to get to Texas this summer, and 'Come and Race It!'

Event #1 Marble Falls, Texas, August 14th and 15th.

We will be conducting the LSORA TEXAS STATE CSH CHAMPIONSHIP in conjunction with the Southern Drag Boat Association sponsored by Lucas Oil at Marble Falls, TX on August 14th and 15th. That’s right, you know those guys that go over 200 mph on the water and have thousands of spectators at every race? Yeap, those guys have invited us to "Come and Race It" at their Marble Falls event.

During breaks in the Drag Boat Regatta, We will race a minimum of four heats of CSH each day and at the end of Sunday’s last heat, we will name the first Texas State CSH Champion, and award the accumulative points winner a beautiful trophy and of course, a brand-spankin’ new white cowboy hat. Hey, this is Texas after all! This all happens in beautiful Marble Falls Texas, in the Texas Hill Country just outside of Austin. We are looking forward to a full class or more of the fastest C Stock Hydros in the country. So, make plans now to attend this race, it is going to be a weekend to remember, in beautiful Marble Falls Texas, thanks to The Lucas Oil Southern Drag Boat Association.

Event #2. Bryan, College Station, Texas, Sept. 25th and 26th.

We will conduct a fully sanctioned NBRA race at Lake Bryan in College Station, TX home of Texas A&M University, the weekend of September 25th and 26th. We already have commitments from our racing neighbors in Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas as well as all of us Texan's so this will be a great event. This is great racing water, with wide sandy beaches, first class camping and RV facilities, and it's own Ice House and Grill right on the lake.

We invite everyone to come be a part of our success in promoting boat racing here in the wild, wild west. If you have any question or comments please contact me at dcrace29@yahoo.com.

So...Come and Race It!

Dennis Crews
    LSORA president,
    Last edited by Dennis Crews; 03-21-2010, 11:18 AM.
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Originally posted by Jack Stotts
    I see that the race at Bryan is on a Fri and Sat according to the above post. Is that correct? Jack
    Sorry 'bout that. I corrected it in the original post. Thanks Jack
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

Great News!

Dennis,
      This is truly great news! Let me be the first to aknowledge all of the hard work that both Dennis Crews and Mark Daspit have put in to make these events come together. Also lets thank the Lucas Oil drag boat guys for their gracious invitation to LSORA so that we can put on our first event. And lastly a great big Thank You to our LSORA officers and members that have helped us get this thing off the ground this year.

Thank you to everyone for your help and continued support!
      Last edited by PROPDOC; 03-21-2010, 08:43 AM.
      Gardner Miller
      Lone Star Outboard Racing Association

"Water is for racing. Asphalt is for the parking lot."
      Rember....Freedom isn't...."Free".......

Comment

Lucas Oil. The Boat Racers Friend

Try Lucas Oil in all of your engines.
        If your local auto parts store doesn't have it, ask for it by name.
        They support us. We support them.

Lucas Oil...The Boat Racers Friend.

Comment

Big time exposure for our sport !!!

Oh...and by the way... the Lucas Oil folks tell me they are expecting 15,000 SPECTATORS at the Marble Falls event. And no, that is not a typo. Has anyone here ever raced in front of 15,000 people...EVER? Even in the 'good-ole-days' of yesteryear I would be hard pressed to believe we ever had a crowd like that.

If you realy want to promote our sport you need to be a part of this event.

Comment

How will testing work at the Marble Falls race. Will there be a set testing period just for the kneelers? We are gonna try to make this one. Sounds like fun. Bring one boat and one motor and have a ball.
            John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
            Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
            Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
            Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
            Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

LUCAS OIL????? yer durn right. We got that stuff way up here downeast Maine. Some of our winningest lobster boat racers break their engines in on a mixture of it. Nothin prevents premature lifter wear like Lucas lubricant.

And as for the race date in August... looks like we'll be hauling our best out to the land of 'fruits and nuts' but, maybe next year if you offer some positive words that D stock hydro events will be run maybe we'll see ya.

Alex
              Last edited by ram95; 03-21-2010, 05:04 PM. Reason: mistyped the word junk for the words "best"...we have NO junk.

Comment

Originally posted by johnml390 View Post
                Bring one boat and one motor and have a ball.

Yeah John, we're counting on ya. For sure, no need to haul 3,000 lbs. of equipment, and rig 7 boats. Just bring yo boat, yo motor, and yo fast self.

Comment

How will testing work at the Marble Falls race. Will there be a set testing period just for the kneelers? We are gonna try to make this one. Sounds like fun. Bring one boat and one motor and have a ball.
                  Friday is the 'test and tune' for the drag boats so I am sure we can work in some testing time for us as well. These guys have been really great to deal with so I don't foresee any problems at all with this.

Comment

I sure hope work will let me off for this one. As well as my father. Gonna start trying to talk them into it tomorrow. Wish me luck guys. Can a Louisiana racer be a Texas state champion? Or will that cause some sort of conflict? haha.

Comment

Can a Louisiana racer be a Texas state champion? Or will that cause some sort of conflict? haha.
                      Well we Texans are a pretty proud bunch so if you think yo got what it takes to come over here and take home the hardware...bring it on !

Comment

Itd be a difficult task. But would be fun to give it a try ya know. What rules would we be running? NBRA? Like as far as weight limit and such goes?

Comment

HEY John - Your going to have to get by one of us Okies for that trophy - we have our sights set on it - lol ------ and Dennis , If we still have that blue hemp by then - the ride is yours if you want it - Engine - boat - prop ready to give another texan a shot.

Andy 4-0 and Joe 5-0

Comment

Again, in the words of a Texas Tradition, Lyle Lovett...

"You say you're not from Texas, (man as if I couldn't tell)
                            you think you put your boots on right, and wear your hat so well."

"So pardon me my laughter cause I sure do understand,
                            even Moses got excited when he saw the promised land."

"That's right, you're not from Texas, but Texas wants you anyway."

Yup, everybody wants to win it, because down deep everybody really wants to be a Texan.

So boys, put your boots on, and pull your hat down tight, and Come and Race it, Texas Style.

Remember this, this race is only a few miles from San Antone, home of the Alamo, and Sea World, and 6 Flags and the best Tex-Mex on the planet. So bring the family and all kids, it's a great place for your summer vacation.

Comment

Remember this, this race is only a few miles from San Antone, home of the Alamo, and Sea World, and 6 Flags and the best Tex-Mex on the planet. So bring the family and all kids, it's a great place for your summer vacation.[/QUOTE]

But you have nasty snakes too

I tell you what. You all come up here to Montana for our brand new Montana race on Fathers day weekend and we will come to your September race. Just turn down the humidity please. Its only a 2000 mile trip.
                              Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Working...
                              X