They want it cheap

SE Class Rules

Legal Engines-
    OMC 44-49 Cu In.
    Merc Mark 75 and Merc 650 4 cyl
    Yamaha 40
    Tohatsu M50D2

No Weights in Hydro or Runabout

Any gasket may be used as long as the thickness remains the same as factory gaskets.
    Any adapters to secure spark advance is permitted
    Re-sleaving of cyl.'s is legal
    Crome plating of cyl's is not legal
    The use of Overdrive lower units is permitted
    Tractor style lower units ae prohibited
    Any device to change gear ration underway is prohibited
    The use of power trim is prohibited
    Removal of thermostats is permitted
    There is no restrictions on intake air scoops or length tuning of intake and exaust systems
    No super chargers, turbo charges, or similar mechanical devises are allowed. Motor must be naturally aspirated.
    No nitrous or power boost injection permitted.
    Any gasoline/oil is permitted as long as it contains no type of booster additives. Fuel will be tested with a Digitron DT-15 and the legal standard for gas shall be +50.
    There is no technical limitations on modifications of a SE engine. There is no specs or restrictions on: Porting or modifications of reciprocating or rotating parts as long as the boe and stroke criteria are met. These modifications are not allowed on the Tohatsu M50D2 engines.

This is the info I have availible. I have been away for a couple years now but I don't think much has changed for rules in the SE class.
    It is basically an open class.

Hope this helps.
    DOUG SCHULTZ--HERE FOR THE SUPPORT OF OUR SPORT

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Doug,
      How do I join?

Regards,
      Anthony McCulloch
      modifiedoutboard@hotmail.com

Some things never change
      sigpic
      They want it cheap

Comment

go to the NBRA link here on Hydroracer and download the membership app and send it in
        Jeff

Comment

Join nbra

You can go to the NBRA web site where there is a application you can copy/ paste and mail in to the address given on the application.http://www.racenbra.com/joinnbra.htm
          you can get in touch with the national office and have them send you a application.
          Roy Mackey is the Executive Secretary and he is located in Liberty Lake, WA. His email is nwh20racer@webband.com.
          Also Jeff Ruth is the NBRA President he is on here (HR) often. His SN is trailergod. I'm sure him or anyone else can get you the info to join.

Comment

Wow thats fast

OK Jeff got to it the same time I was typing message

Comment

Thanks

Thanks,
              Will do!
              Anthony McCulloch

Some things never change
              sigpic
              They want it cheap

Comment

I think you will enjoy racing in NBRA. The folks there will welcome you with open arms and hearts. I have enjoyed the company of all. You will find that things run very much like the other National groups. In NBRA you even get points if you jump the gun so not all is lost. All points are racked up on a heat basis vs. on a race basis (Overall finish of the two/three heats). Enjoy! Jack

Comment

I think there are more rules for certain motors to keep them on a level playing field like there has been for past 30 years. I would get a up todate rule book before I did anything. Ralph

Comment

SE Rules

The tech rules were completely ovehauled at the last meeting for SE in 2010 The new rule books are in the process of being printed. Disregard what has been printed in this thread. You will recieve a 2010 rulebook when you join NBRA. If you have specific questions please call or PM me. The rules are basically the same but we did away with a lot of gray area. And the Tohatsu is now running under the same rules as OMC 49.9 Merc 49.9 & Yamaha. Also the Lap down rule was voted out this season.
                    We did a serious overhaul of the tech rules eliminating and clarifying things. Please don`t refer to the old rulebook Got questions call, pm,em, me. Will try to get the new book on the website as soon as possible.
                    Thanks Art Kampen Tech VP
                    314 741 0563

Comment

Thanks for the update Art. I was afraid I was speaking out of turn when I mentioned the lap down item. It was a plan with good intentions when it came onboard but hard to administer and an added burden for the scorers. I know, when refereeing, I had some issues come up that caused some confusion especially at Ponca City a few years ago. Jack

Comment

No Lap Down ?

That was always a big draw for me. I will miss that. I know it is a scorers nightmare though. But it sure gave incentive to come knowing there was no chance I could not get points if I jumped the gun. I look forward to seeing what is taking its place.

I always told people about the lap down rule first as it was what set the NBRA apart from others. Then i explained the NBRA as an organization.
                        Dave Mason
                        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

I too am going to miss the lap down rule. That gave you the drive to keep racing if you had jumped. Now if I jump... I'm just gonna come on in. I don't wanna get in the way or tear anything up if there are no points involved. But maybe it will be voted back in, in the future. Looking forward to this season. Hopefully will be at a few more races than the last few years.
                          John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
                          Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
                          Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
                          Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
                          Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

Thank you for your support!

Thanks for the facts and the invatation.

Found a nice little boat and have accumalated parts
                            for several different SE engines, want to assemble one this spring once I get some other projects out of the way.

I am sure that the rules will help get me and others
                            get on the right track.

Anthony Mcculloch
                            The Truth will set you Free.
                            Anthony McCulloch

Some things never change
                            sigpic
                            They want it cheap

Comment

if those are the up to date specs for the super-e class deff alot more open than apba"s... no carb limit size {ie 1"250 venturi,}or much of anything for limits like apba,,,,

Comment

Working...
                              X