2010 NBRA Southern Short Course Nat's & Title Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 NBRA Southern Short Course Nat's & Title Series

Hope everyone is having a great 2010 so far! I want to talk about the NBRA Southern Short Course Nationals and Title Series Race. This race is going to be held in Pineville, La at Lake Buhlow on April 17 and 18. We are going to have a great time. The auction went so well last year that we have decided to do it again. So gather up things that you do not need and bring them with you. As we did last year, money from the auction will go toward prize money. Do you like Louisiana Cookin? We are going to be cookin up "A taste of Louisiana" for y'all. It's going to be lots of fun!! We are planning on having many giveaways and auction donations from lots of places around Pineville. Myself and the Matthews' are working hard to get The City of Pineville behind us. I will keep you posted on all progress with this race. Hope to see all of you there!!!

Patsy Hebert
    Shane Hebert
    15L

Count Patsy and me in WE WILL be there, O yea I spoke with Randy and Char from thr radio station and we are tring to get Char to run in the celeberty race,that might be fun to watch
    Jeff

Comment

NBRA Southern Short Course Nationals

Sounds great! You may want to consider that the APBA Mod Winter Nationals are scheduled for the same weekend in Rainbow City, AL. I would sure hate to see a loss in attendance due to the schedule conflict. I know the Alabama crew (Carters) are hosting the APBA race and Dan and I were planning on going to it since it has been on the books for some time now. Jack

Comment

jack, is it warm in SA? The lake we live on is frozen over may go ice fishing if I had some warm clothes. Doc

Comment

Here in Austin it got down to 16 degrees night before last. It's now 42 so I guess we will survive.

Which race are you folks going to attend the weekend under discussion? Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Stotts View Post
            Sounds great! You may want to consider that the APBA Mod Winter Nationals are scheduled for the same weekend in Rainbow City, AL. I would sure hate to see a loss in attendance due to the schedule conflict. I know the Alabama crew (Carters) are hosting the APBA race and Dan and I were planning on going to it since it has been on the books for some time now. Jack

Oh man, the same weekend?

I wonder if the NBRA race could be moved up one weekend?
            The weekend before would probably get even more drivers.

Comment

will you guys come to both if the date are changed??
              Jeff

Comment

NBRA has a Title Series race that consists of 5 races, one a month, during our race season. We space these races out so that everyone can attend and have a chance at the Title Series, 5 Strong events. NBRA has many sponsors that donate to this Series. These sponsors have resulted in very nice prizes and awards. If you would like to see the 2009 prizes go to www.racenbra.com. This race that we are putting on has been rescheduled twice already, but I'm starting to get good at it, so let's see what we can do. I can not move the race back due to weather conditions for that time of year. If the lake is available, we can schedule for the following weekend. We have another Title Series race in Mansfield, AR, May 8 and 9. If we schedule for the following weekend, we will have a one weekend turnaround between the two. This is what I plan to do, as long as the lake is available. I am very interested in feed back on this.
                Shane
                Last edited by Shebert; 01-10-2010, 05:30 PM.
                Shane Hebert
                15L

Comment

I would like to make both the Southern Short Course Nationals in Alex and the APBA Mod Winter Nationals. For me personally, I may have another commitment on the weekend of April 24-25th. So I would love to see it on the May 1-2nd weekend. I do realize that Mansfield is the next weekend which is not ideal. This is just my personal schedule... Not sure what the perfect answer is. I would like to see these races on different weekends so that both have good participation.... Doesn't make sense to have a race in Alabama and Louisiana on the same weekends...especially in April.. I do understand each were scheduled without fully realizing the other was scheduled too. Really I just want to go race as I am looking out on my lake that is frozen over....and just finished single digits temps for the last 3-4 days.....Bring on summer and 100 degrees.

Rick Miller
                  34-0

Comment

Originally posted by thetrailergod View Post
                    will you guys come to both if the date are changed??
                    I'll be there either way, Hopeing to fill up some of the gaps in the middle of the pack.

Comment

Question

How far a drive is it between the two venues ? Is there a chance to run one the weekend after the other ? I am doubting that many would run both, just a guess though. I just don't see many APBA racers driving over the the NBRA race in Alex.

I hate to see any conflicts like this. It should not be about which is better, it should be about competition on the race course.

I know which one I will go to if I am forced to make the call, of course depending on if I am able to go at all.
                      Dave Mason
                      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

wich one Dave??
                        Jeff

Comment

Which One

You know me, I am an outlaw all the way !

I just hope I can make a race in April.
                          Dave Mason
                          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

that is so true Dave LOL
                            Jeff

Comment

Working...
                            X