Nbra Short Course North

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nbra Short Course North

This email was sent out to all the past drivers who have been to the great Lake Shelbyville. Thought I would pass it along. This is a great place to race. Great water. Pits that slope right into the water. and most important a very dedcated sponsor. I believe there is $4500 prize and tow money a saturday night party w/ band consession stands all weekend.
    If you've never been to a NBRA race this would be the one to attend. Bring your stocks and mods NBRA will find a place for you to fit in.
    SAVE THE DATE!!!

NBRA Hydrofest Short Course National Boat Races and 5-Series Championship
    September 18-20, 2009.

Lake Shelbyville-Wilborn Creek

Information online at www.lakeshelbyville.com or call

1-800-874-3529

to receive information packet

Freddie/Darla

Be sure to check out our website www.lakeshelbyville.com or follow us on twitter.
    DOUG SCHULTZ--HERE FOR THE SUPPORT OF OUR SPORT

Some More Info

Doug is right, this place has VERY good pits, and VERY good water. Not to many places can offer this all in one. And to boot, the town loves the event. We need more places like this to race. If a lot of people would attend this, it could be on the same playing field as Lockhaven and Constantine, because it has both water and pits. The local folks put a lot of effort into this race. So much so, the folks who put this on attended Centrallia IL race last weekend just to see if there was anything they could do better for us.... yes, the local group wanted to see if there was something they could do to make the event better for us, the racers.........

So lets test everyones theory on tow and prize don't matter, it is the pits and water....... time to anty up.

We will be there. If the turn out gets bigger the town folks will work all the harder for us.... kind of a hard combination to beat.

To clear the air, just about every stock class is raced in NBRA... and every Mod class as well. If you race 20SSH you have a place to race it in NBRA. Same as CSH, DSH, DSR is a HUGE class in NBRA, they call it DR. They also have ER which is DMR in APBA. They also have a decent number of FER's that race.

The only class that NBRA does not have a place for is the ASH/ASR. I do think they have a class for it, O class, but there are none in the NBRA. If enough came I bet they would run it.....

So if you want low pressure, high fun racing times, check it out. Forget about the politics and come have some fun.
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

AMEN Dave!!! In my efforts to get a race here in Texas I have already encounterd the 'politics' issue. We will find a way to work around it and I have high hopes that we will have a race here in Texas next year. I thought we had it done this year until the lake authority pulled the plug on me.

To all racers who will read this....politics are E-V-I-L !!!! If you can make this race ...BE THERE !!
      Last edited by Dennis Crews; 08-12-2009, 08:46 AM.
      "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

Hotels

What are our options for hotel/motels? I am having trouble trying to figure this from the maps. Is there a location that NBRA has rooms? A phone number would be good.
        Thanks.
        Cliff

Comment

Hotel Info

I will have the info out in a couple of days, I'm trying to get it all together. Sorry for the delays.

Thanks,
          Keith Kampen

Comment

Working...
          X