Nationals at Ponca City, OK, August 15-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationals at Ponca City, OK, August 15-17

NBRA’s long-course nationals are slated August 15-17 on Lake Ponca just east of Ponca City, Okla., the site of the 2004 nationals.

After the 2004 race, Ponca City’s Park & Recreation Department sent crews along the shoreline of the spectator area and removed all but the large trees that blocked much of the view of the first turn. When OBRA held a one-day race there in 2007, the site showed itself to be an excellent spectator venue and beautiful spot for boat racing.

Sponsored by The Boat House, a boat, RV and Mercury outboard dealership with stores in Ponca City and Topeka, Kan., and the Ponca City Chamber of Commerce, the 2008 nationals will feature a day of testing and eliminations Friday, August 15, with national championship heats run Saturday and Sunday.

Awesome!!

Can`t wait! Ya`ll better have your CSH`s tuned up!!

Comment

Tuned Up

Hell, if Rotten Ralph tunes his SEH (FEH) and SER (FER) up any more there isn't anyone who could catch him ! Not that anyone can currently.

Maybe it is time to dust of the 3 cyl equipment this year and have a real go at it..

Of course there are several super fast Super E (FE) rigs in the NBRA. Ya gotta be on your A game to win there. Come to think about it I seem to recall a few NBRA folks taking some titles last year in Zanesville.

I don't even want to think about the speeds the E Hydros are seeing there (44 Mod Mercs). I know the National Title Holder in both NBRA and APBA kicked the FEH's arse in Brighton MI race last season, and did it with his 44
      Dave Mason
      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Don't discount the C-Mods

I think Ponca will see some primo competition. I know there are a number of C-Mods coming out of the woodwork, so that class should provide some excitement, too.

Heck...if you get to Ponca early, you might even get to see Burnin' Vernon trolling for that hatchet-foot he 86'd for the crowd stand last summer!! I offered to go get it for him if he'd tell me where it is, but for some reason he wants to be there... and I've never stolen anything from Vernon (that he knows about.)

Dan
        O-49/O-66

Comment

I just hope dirty dave mason will be ok with winning his two nat. runabout titles again and leave a few for some of his fellow racers (no reason to be a hog , dave)

Comment

Hog ?

Originally posted by runaboutralph View Post
            I just hope dirty dave mason will be ok with winning his two nat. runabout titles again and leave a few for some of his fellow racers (no reason to be a hog , dave)
            HMPPFF... This coming from the man who hogged all the trophy girls at the Trophy Presentation in Centrallia ! Let's see, Rotten Ralphs titles last year:

APBA - FER and should have been FEH had his throttle not broke.
            NBRA - SER (FER) - SEH (FEH) (he should have had the DR title too, he made me give him the prize money because I ran his engine)

AOF - FEH, FER, DMR, EMR and who knows what else. Not sure on the runabouts down in Pineville, I couldn't make it.

Now then Mr. Deer Slayer, who is hoggin what ? You got that 40ci engine I can borrow in Ponca City ??? Might need a fast Ralph beating OMC too... hehehehehe.
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
            X